PDA

View Full Version : RP Edge Lite Toro

Starscream
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
When I first got into cigars the Edge Lite was one of my favorite sticks. It had this smooth, buttery, almost sweet taste. It seems my tastes have changed...

I received this stick from an anonymous brother here from the March birthday thread. Still haven't figured out who it is... (if they read this review, let me say thank you again!)

Construction: This cigar is solidly constructed, the wrapper is very attractive.

First third: This cigar lit with ease and had a good draw. Not much flavor from the first third, pretty bland.

Second third: Pretty much the same as the first third. A little buttery taste, but still pretty bland.

Final third: Started to taste musty so I gave it a good purge. After purging, the buttery taste returned. Not quite as bland as the first two thirds. No complexity to this cigar whatsoever.

Overall, I think this cigar was too mild and bland for me. This used to be my favorite cigar, but times change. I'm more of a strong, full-bodied cigar smoker now (although I do still enjoy a few mild cigars in the morning). Would I buy this stick? -No, unless it was part of a sampler. I would still highly reccommend this stick to newbies who enjoy a good mild cigar.

Rockestone
04-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the review!!

I do enjoy the Maduro version.:tu

greenwit
04-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, I think it's just a plain good stick. Had one a few days ago. Today I had a Cubao toro, and a 601 Red robusto. Pretty much what I'm in the mood for and the Edge Lite hits the spot whenever I reach for one.

elderboy02
04-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the review!!

I do enjoy the Maduro version.:tu

:tpd:

Starscream
04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, I think it's just a plain good stick. Had one a few days ago. Today I had a Cubao toro, and a 601 Red robusto. Pretty much what I'm in the mood for and the Edge Lite hits the spot whenever I reach for one.

I agree, it is a good stick, I've just grown to like much stronger cigars.