PDA

View Full Version : Switching profiles??

leasingthisspace
04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
I have a question. The cigars that you enjoy do they mainly fall into the same profile or do you switch up enjoying different profiles? I find myself enjoy cigars from different profiles. I am not saying my tastes are changing but more like expanding. Are you in the same boat or do you stick to mainly one kind of profile smoking different cigar within that profile?

Thanks for the feedback on this, just want to make sure I am not a weirdo or anything.

Emjaysmash
04-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I am still shopping around for many tastes and flavors. When i began my cigar "quest" I didn't like earthy tones in my cigars. Now, I enjoy the earthy tones I find in Padrons so much that they are my go to cigars.

Whee
04-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I like to change it up. Keeps from getting in a rut.

WildBlueSooner
04-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Being so new to the world of cigars, I also like to try anything and everything as far as flavor profiles go. This true also for sizes, rg gauges, etc.

leasingthisspace
04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
I am still shopping around for many tastes and flavors. When i began my cigar "quest" I didn't like earthy tones in my cigars. Now, I enjoy the earthy tones I find in Padrons so much that they are my go to cigars.

I love me some Padron maddies, the 2000 is most likely the stick I would smoke everyday if I smoked everyday and smoked more then one stick everyday. I find myself truely enjoying the CC Fonsecas alot now too. They are not close to the same profile. They taste totally different you know but I really enjoy them as well.

alley00p
04-12-2009, 01:31 PM
There is another thread running with "what is your go to cigar"; I didn't post because I don't have a specific stick that qualifies.

My choice changes daily, depending on my mood, time of day, beverage choice and other factors. I do have a number of favorites on hand, just to allow me to make a choice at that time.

So, in answer to your question, I change profiles all the time. I don't think I have ever smoked the same cigar twice in a row. There are just too many cigars out there, most of which I have yet to try! :ss

:dance:

Tenor CS
04-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I've been smoking for less than 2 years. But I smoke pretty infrequently, only about 1-2 per week. Then there are times I will go 4-6 without smoking at all.

I have yet to buy a whole box, but often buy samplers of 15-25 sticks. Sometimes the common bond is that they are the same manufacturer. Sometimes they are all torpedoes. Sometimes they are all maduros. Sometimes they are all "boutique" brands.

Because I have so many, I often switch between various flavor (and strength) profiles.

Another factor is time of day and how full my stomach is. I would never smoke an Opus X with my morning coffee. But a 5 Vegas Gold might do quite nicely in that situation.