PDA

View Full Version : Boston Univeristy '09 NCAA Hockey Champs

massphatness
04-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Glad I turned the game off with 2 minutes to go and BU trailing 3-1. I was sure Miami would pot an empty netter, and I just didn't want to see it. Ass that I am, I miss BU scoring 59 seconds and then 17 seconds left in regulation.

They won it in OT when a blast from the point nicked a Miami defender who had gone down to block the shot. The puck popped up just enough to make it over the goaltender's shoulders, and BU had their fifth NCAA title.

Of course, it would have been so much sweeter had I actualy seen it. :mad:

BU CLA '88

ahc4353
04-12-2009, 09:44 AM
A real fan Vin, stuck with um to the end! :r :r :r

Congrats to both teams it was a hell of a game.

Especially the last two minutes and the over time! :D

loki
04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
i was able to catch ot of this game...the emotion on the face of the Miami goal was just tough to watch even though there was nothing he could do. what strange goal but it was quite fun to watch

icehog3
04-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Quite the finish....Congrats to BU on a great comeback, and to Miami OH for getting this far. :tu

yourchoice
04-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I saw from about the middle of the 2nd on and, I must say, it was a fantastic hockey game. I was pulling for Miami (OH). Would have been cool for the school to get its first ever National Championship in any sport.

But Congrats to BU.

chippewastud79
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Definitely pulling for the MAC. Such a terrible end to that game considering the first 60 minutes were so hard fought, to come down to a fluke goal on a blocked shot just seemed to be the wrong ending. A furious end to regulation, and I think Miami didn't put the puck on the empty net a few times in an effort to run more clock, but it is all retrospect. Had to feel for that goalie, he and everyone else, had know clue where that puck was. :tu