PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro robusto..MASSIVE ash!

dentonparrots
04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
This 5 x 50 cigar is a lovely dark colour and a fine piece of workmanship. The few veins it did have were very small and overall it looked impressive with no soft spots, or firm bits.
When I removed it from the cello it smelled fantastic, just like a cigar should…really, it had a scent that screamed cigar, as silly as that sounds. I’ve had some that smelled of nothing but tea.
The band is quite thick, possibly too thick really but that said it came off quite easily but it needed ripped off.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/dentonparrots/perdomostart.jpg
The predraw with a punch was a bit too tight for my liking, although smokeable so I nibbled away at the edges to make it bigger with the punch until it was what I’d probably have gotten if I’d used a cutter, but this way there’s less chance of going too far. It would have benefited from a couple of days in a dry box no doubt.

Upon lighting I got a slightly nic-pepper taste but nothing too strong and just what I get from nearly every medium-full cigar to start with.
After an inch or so that gave way to a chocolate and coffee tastes, very flavoursome and a great smooth smoke. The ash was a nice white colour and it was holding very well, and even burn that needed no touch-ups.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/dentonparrots/perdomoinch.jpg
Towards the middle the flavours stayed very consistent with a smoother creamier texture added to them, and a very slight amount of spice, just a wee bit and barely detectable..damn this was turning into a very fine cigar. The ash kept holding on very well.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/dentonparrots/perdomo3inch.jpg
In the bottom third the flavours again stayed the same but with a slight tang added to my tongue and a slightly earthy taste on the pallet, I thought it to be like what’s left in my mouth after eating raw wild mushrooms as a kid (no, not those kind!).
The ash clung on for dear life and I’ve got to say this is the longest ash I’ve ever been able to keep on a cigar, even if I did cheat a little by holding it vertically to see just how far down I could get it.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/dentonparrots/perdomo4inch.jpg
After the ash finally dropped off (I was nearly in tears) I let it cool for a few moments before taking my last draws. The nicotine taste was starting to get strong so I decided to part ways with this fantastic smoke.
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp183/dentonparrots/perdomonub.jpg
Overall a very impressive stogie, and I’d recommend it to anybody and I’ll definitely be hunting some of these babies out in the future. A medium-full flavour of creamy coffee chocolate goodness, I’d love to try them with a bit of age on them.
Mr Perdomo must be very proud of these. If this is what Nicaragua can produce why bother with Cuba!

Scottw
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Its a great stick and that was a great review. Thanks!:tu

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Very nice review and pics:tu

Waynegro1
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the great review and photos. These are a staple in my humi.:ss

Smoke Naked
04-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Great review and pics

Starscream
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Great review. I've yet to try these. I've liked every other Perdomo that I've smoked.

longknocker
04-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Great review. I've yet to try these. I've liked every other Perdomo that I've smoked.

:tu I agree, Andy! Need to try these. Fantastic Review!:tu

Skywalker
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the review!!!

Nice ash!!!:r

I like these a lot!!!

REALMCCOY
04-10-2009, 12:00 AM
That ash is a thing of beauty, cheating or not. Great review. Spot on with every experience I have had with these. Try the torpedo/belicoso as well. Great concentration of flavor.:2

Don Fernando
04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
good review Carl, I like this cigar a lot.

Thrak
04-10-2009, 05:58 AM
I've had Lot23 naturals and love them...

Have you seen the CI weekly deal?

MedicCook
04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the review and pics. I enjoy the Lot 23 Maduro also.

adampc22
04-10-2009, 06:58 AM
weres all the nice ass jokes ?????????????????

Lucky_Hippo
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Great review. I'm really starting to turn into a strong fan of Perdomo smokes, and needed some direction as to what stick to buy next.

I've just made up my mind.

Thanks for the help. :tu

Rabidsquirrel
04-10-2009, 04:39 PM
I love the Lot 23 Belicoso in Natural. The maduro didn't really do anything for me, but then again I only had one.

PuffdaMagic
12-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I just purchase 4 LOT23 and cant wait to smokem...

Dunkel
12-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Perdomo makes some of the best maduros on the market and the Lot 23 is no exception.

jerseystepup
12-28-2009, 07:00 AM
I have about half a box left from 2 years ago.... theyre so good i dont wanna smoke em! definatly one of my favorite maduros

kelmac07
12-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Great review...these are always stocked in my humi. :tu

Emjaysmash
12-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Great Review!
Lot 23's were my first ever go to smoke! I need some more in my humi!

Mr B
12-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Very nice review and pics. :tu

These were one of my favorites when I was smoking alot of maduros. I have been wanting to have one again. I always have a few in the humi. Time to revisit an old friend.

Thanks