PDA

View Full Version : Orlando FL Disney Area Cigar Bar??

mkr160
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get a cigar while at Disneyworld? Im going down on Friday and am looking for a place. I have heard there is a place in Downtown Disney, Sosa Cigars, anyone ever heard of this place. Thanks. :):dance:

forgop
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know of a good place to get a cigar while at Disneyworld? Im going down on Friday and am looking for a place. I have heard there is a place in Downtown Disney, Sosa Cigars, anyone ever heard of this place. Thanks. :):dance:

I stopped in there for a minute to take a peek there in January. Looks ok. There is an actual cigar shop and then a separate bar in another portion. Neither are impressive with their selection, but if you're stuck at Disney, it'll suffice for the convenience.

beamish
04-06-2009, 04:33 PM
yeah good shop good selection , house of blues is a good place for cocktails also,thats in disney village also...if you have young ones you can send them into disney quest across the walk and go to house of blues...good luck and good weather...:tu

Tenor CS
04-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I live 10 minutes from Disney. Wanna herf? I can meet you at Downtown Disney or I can pick you up somewhere and take you to either Backroom Cigar Corp (my regular hangout in Celebration) or Corona (the mega mart of cigar stores).

tobii3
04-06-2009, 05:57 PM
(making notes here for the next Disney Death Tour)

One thing I can tell ya, sitting outside Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom, smoking a Camacho Diploma, while Marissa was in the Bibbidy-Bobbidy-Boutique, was a great memory from my midtour leave from Iraq!!!

Sosa's Cigar Bar is in Pleasure Island - If it's a slow night, it's not bad...if it's crowded....the younger 20-somethings are annoying.

Tenor CS
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Bear in mind, there are two Sosa-owned places in Downtown Disney.

There is Sosa Family Cigars, which is JUST a cigar shop. Not really a "sit and smoke" place. This place is in the Downtown Disney "West Side" area, near the Cirque du Soleil.

Then, there is also Fuego, which is Sosa's Cigar bar. They serve drinks (full bar) and have some sticks for sale. Fuego is at the opposite end of the complex, called the Marketplace. It is right at the border where Marketplace meets with what used to be Pleasure Island.

There are no cigars for sale in the big 4 theme parks. Smoking areas at the big 4 theme parks are fairly inconvenient, IMO. Some of the hotel gift shops have cigars for sale.

tedrodgerscpa
04-06-2009, 07:17 PM
I found the selection at Sosa in Downtown Disney to be quite nice...

As I remember it, they had LOTS of hard-to-get Fuente products. As my memory recalls from over a year ago, they had Opus A (complete with coffin), God of Fire, Anejo, and some others (I think Between the Lines and Work of Art stuff).

My guess is that you'll be able to find Don Carlos Anniversario stuff, as well.

Even though I'm well past 35, I felt that the management was all over me while going through the walk-in... May have been the twenty-somethings mentioned earlier in the thread, but it wasn't the warmest environment, either.

Oh, and the price tags will make you go :jd, but that's surely a function of rarity and Downtown Disney rent!

Blueface
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Sosa in downtown Disney is quite small.
I would do Corona Cigars.
Great selection.
Lots of seating to enjoy them.
Wine/Beer.
Cuban Sandwiches.
Lovely ladies working there.

joetownhound
04-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Sosa in downtown Disney is quite small.
I would do Corona Cigars.
Great selection.
Lots of seating to enjoy them.
Wine/Beer.
Cuban Sandwiches.
Lovely ladies working there.

:tpd::tpd:

Catfish
04-07-2009, 05:01 AM
As long as you are OK with the paying the price for the location, Sosa and Corona have their benefits. There is no doubt, Corona has some nice eye candy serving you. And the selection is quite large. Me personally, I prefer the MUCH more laid back styles of Don Panchos in Kissimmee, Backroom in Celebration and Stogies in Hunter's Creek.

I'm biased, I'll admit it. I just prefer to support the smaller Mom and Pop B&M's over the big corporate ones like Corona. Not to mention, the owners of DP's and Backroom are all really nice, personable and VERY approachable people. They would just as soon sit with you and chat as try to sell you anything.

But, again. I'm biased.

yourchoice
10-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can you bring your own to Fuego in Downtown Disney, and if so is there a cutting fee?

Stinky
10-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Cutting Fee at Fuego's: I don't think so. . . if/when you go to Fuego's. . . ask for George (Jorge) and tell him Stinky says HI! He's from Las Vegas and worked in a down town cigar shop for many years. We miss him!

forgop
10-09-2010, 05:15 AM
I brought my own smokes there in May 2009, but then I also paid like $23 for a drink as well. I don't think they should get to rape you twice.

yourchoice
10-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I also paid like $23 for a drink as well.

Holy crap!!!! $23? Wow.

forgop
10-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Holy crap!!!! $23? Wow.

I think that's what it was-it was a double at least. :r