PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully the last obnoxious post on nasal snuff

kzm007
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I've read on wikihow.com that the proper method to take this form of tobacco is to sniff it gently, not snort it, into the front of the nasal passages.

I also read that a discharge is natural, and that the moisture created allows the scent of the tobacco to be discerned. I have not yet tasted the scent, although at times yesterday, I swore I could, very faintly.

When I sniff it off the back of my hand, lately I've found that I'm not taking it in my nose very deeply - I don't feel that instant nicotine rush I am told to expect.

So, just now taking a shot, I took it a little too deeply I guess. I coughed, felt it burn my throat a little, and my nose is dripping. However, I get a slight nasal tingling that doesn't hurt really, and I can smell the tobacco plainly.

I don't quite think I have it yet, so I was hoping anyone here who partakes of it could give me some pointers, please?

I'm also a little wary of nasal damage, could anyone possibly tell me how long they've been snuffing, and have you personally encountered the negative effects of it? How long will the nasal dripping continue?

Thanks for any help guys.

Kegan

(http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Nasal-Snuff)

Mugen910
04-02-2009, 11:30 AM
I snuff once in a while...honestly I take a small pinch and inhale gently through each nostril trying to to get it in the back of the nasal cavity. I just want the snuff in my nostrils. Once in there I'll sneeze a bit and prob have a slightly runny nose. (Common) Then I just pinch my nostrils a bit to help whatever snuff I have in there to the sides to be absorbed through the mucus membrane. Give it a bit and then I'll notice the kick. Some people require more than others..just like some people love LFD double ligeros and some can't take anything more than smooth Davidoff. (prob a bad analogy)

kzm007
04-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Actually it makes sense, thanks :tu. My main concern is addiction - I seem to be under the idea that nicotine's gonna shoot quicker to my brain this way than by pipe-smoking, I'm not going to be able to stop easily if I have to/want to.

Ah, ignorance :)

Mugen910
04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Actually it makes sense, thanks :tu. My main concern is addiction - I seem to be under the idea that nicotine's gonna shoot quicker to my brain this way than by pipe-smoking, I'm not going to be able to stop easily if I have to/want to.

Ah, ignorance :)

Is Vitamin N addictive? :D I like taking a little bit before a short jog...makes me run a bit faster. Also, during my commute home..since traffic is boring..

kzm007
04-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Nicotine helping exercise :D I like that.

That's the trouble with smoking - everyone says smoking is bad, it's going to kill you, but they really mean cigarette smoking. Nobody ever considers pipes or cigars, while still carcinogenic, as being far safer than a pack of Marlboros or unfiltered Camels...and don't get me going on the bad idea that is menthol - Vicks' in a pretty white wrapper lol.

I'll keep all this in mind though, I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Thanks again.

Kegan

Mugen910
04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
The first time I tried it...I inhaled so damn hard it was in my sinus (OUCH)...but man..what a rush!

kzm007
04-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Ooh, I've had that, minus the rush lol. I've got a bottle of analgesic throat spray here I use on occasion - it's expired, but it's still working, months later thankfully. I always get sinus infections though, or I used to. Not enjoyable at all when it drips.

Savvy
04-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Sniff like you would while smelling a flower. Lame analogy, but that's what I was told the first time I tried it, and it works just fine.

As far as addiction being a problem, I guess it depends how much you use it. I've never felt that I "had" to take a snuff, I just wanted to. I've snuffed on and off for the last year. Never had any sort of withdrawal.

Starscream
04-02-2009, 03:15 PM
The first time I tried snuff, I did the whole Scarface thing. I snorted it as hard as I could through my nose. Boy, was that a mistake! I think very good advice has been given by Bao and Jordan. :tu