PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Riding

Boss Hogg
03-30-2009, 05:44 PM
The weather is perfect out here in Temecula Ca. I took my Harley out for a good 2 hour cruise in wine country Temecula. The scenery was amazing. I don't think I've ever gone back there before. I need to stop in at those wineries to have a smoke and a glass. Any other riders out there in this good weather feel free to chime in? See you out there :tu

G G
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
It's been nice in Florida lately too. I have taken a few rides lately.:tu

We need to do a Ride to HERF someday.

Prospector
03-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Nice in northern Arizona, too. At least it was before the winds came up this weekend. A few short rides around the locale recently were indeed sublime :tu
Never ridden in northern Cal - bet it's beautiful.

Boss Hogg
03-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Outstanding. I think a herf ride would be super cool. Although I've never really been to a "real" one here yet. Maybe someday it will happen. Good to hear that you guys are out on the highway also. :tu

WildBlueSooner
03-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Pretty nice here in Cajun country too!

Ratters
03-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Had a nice if a bit breezy and cop ridden ride yesterday up to Lake Berryessa and back with some friends. But we kept it (mostly) mellow and had a great time.

bvilchez
03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
The weather is perfect out here in Temecula Ca. I took my Harley out for a good 2 hour cruise in wine country Temecula. The scenery was amazing. I don't think I've ever gone back there before. I need to stop in at those wineries to have a smoke and a glass. Any other riders out there in this good weather feel free to chime in? See you out there :tu

TEMECULA!?!?!?! I'm moving out there in June. Beautiful place to ride for sure. We might have to organize an IE herf one day Boss Hogg.

Boss Hogg
03-31-2009, 01:15 AM
TEMECULA!?!?!?! I'm moving out there in June. Beautiful place to ride for sure. We might have to organize an IE herf one day Boss Hogg.

This will definitely have to be arranged :tu

Volt
03-31-2009, 06:29 AM
For me anytime is a good time to ride (less ice). Although no cheaper than a shrink, riding is way more effective. I don't really prefer the 50 and 60s.... To cold to ride without gear but often to warm with it.

Boss Hogg
03-31-2009, 08:36 AM
Although no cheaper than a shrink, riding is way more effective.

It definitely is relaxing. After a ride like yesterday.... I couldn't stop dreaming about it last night. These dreams were very therapeutic :D

Bruzee
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
The wife and I got out on the Road King for short 60 mile ride to dinner last night. Weather was beautiful, and we had a great time. :tu

Volt
03-31-2009, 09:00 AM
Sunday I have a 400 mile ride planned - I'd prefer no rain, but it will be what ever it is....

Boss Hogg
03-31-2009, 09:43 AM
The wife and I got out on the Road King for short 60 mile ride to dinner last night. Weather was beautiful, and we had a great time. :tu

The Road Kings are awesome. Glad you guys got to enjoy :tu

Sunday I have a 400 mile ride planned - I'd prefer no rain, but it will be what ever it is....

Wow, are you going on a road trip? Bring some stogies for the ride :ss Let me know how your ride goes.

floydpink
03-31-2009, 04:12 PM
gettin to be a bit warm in central Florida and it's been tank tops for me on rides.

Cigary
03-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break. Living part time in Atlanta the weather is almost here for some all day rides up into the Smokey Moutains,,,Blue Ridge Parkway is probably the best ride I have ever seen.

Volt
03-31-2009, 07:06 PM
The Road Kings are awesome. Glad you guys got to enjoy :tu

Wow, are you going on a road trip? Bring some stogies for the ride :ss Let me know how your ride goes.

Not really a road trip - just a run for lunch and back (a little therapy). A couple of times I tried to smoke while riding... Alas, cigars just don't like all that wind. Shame cuz it would be a perfect time to enjoy one.

fxpose
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
The riding was awesome up the south grade and down into Lake Henshaw, and up Mesa Grande........
And of course, we stopped for some Julian apple pie. I've done that loop twice.......on my bicycle.

houdini
03-31-2009, 07:43 PM
Not quite riding weather in NYC yet....but coming soon! Im rather jealous I must say...Sounds like you had a blast! :tu

Boss Hogg
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break.

Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

A couple of times I tried to smoke while riding... Alas, cigars just don't like all that wind. Shame cuz it would be a perfect time to enjoy one.

If only we could mix the two. Hey a good idea would be ride your bike to a herf! The best of both worlds :)

The riding was awesome up the south grade and down into Lake Henshaw, and up Mesa Grande........
And of course, we stopped for some Julian apple pie. I've done that loop twice.......on my bicycle.

Its been a long long time since I've been up to Julian... I'll have to put it on the list. Was it as nice as I remember... wow many years ago.

Cigary
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Boss Hogg;313613]Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

Fashion Valley area,,,,163/8. Live there part time and in Atlanta the other part.

Boss Hogg
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=Boss Hogg;313613]Hey what part of San Diego? I am a native of North County.

Fashion Valley area,,,,163/8. Live there part time and in Atlanta the other part.

Okay, I was from the Cbad/Oside area. When I used to work for a steel company down there I was always in your backyard doing deliveries.

LasciviousXXX
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I ride to and from work everyday and the weather has been great here in AZ although lately I've been working the graveyard shift so its a bit chilly when I get off work in the mornings.

Boss Hogg
04-02-2009, 03:53 PM
I ride to and from work everyday and the weather has been great here in AZ although lately I've been working the graveyard shift so its a bit chilly when I get off work in the mornings.

I haven't quite done this yet for the same reason :)

G G
04-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I am more of a fair weather rider too. If it's above 55 or so I am good. Prefer it to be above 65 though.

Bruzee
04-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Took a beautiful ride today into the SIerra Nevada's. 70 degrees on the nose, and couldn't have been nicer riding weather. Felt good to open 'er up too. :tu

Boss Hogg
04-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Took a beautiful ride today into the SIerra Nevada's. 70 degrees on the nose, and couldn't have been nicer riding weather. Felt good to open 'er up too. :tu

That's outstanding :tu I'm glad you enjoyed it. I didn't get to take mine out last weekend, but I did pick up my wife's from the dealership. I got her a 09 Sportster Nightster. I even gave it a custom paint job with Pink on black in "Harley Davidson" on it. She was thrilled. Pretty good ride, however I am too tall for it lol.

Volt
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
780 miles yasterday... Fought the wind all day, 3 hours in the low 40's.... 14.5 hours. I'm done for at least 2 days.

Boss Hogg
04-13-2009, 03:52 PM
780 miles yasterday... Fought the wind all day, 3 hours in the low 40's.... 14.5 hours. I'm done for at least 2 days.

Holy smokes! What a day that must have been. Do you like the cold weather when you ride?

Boss Hogg
04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Had a good ride today. Also got to try to teach my wife on hers for the first time... I was worried about her dropping it. She almost did, but by the end of the lesson she was riding the clutch up and down the street. I think she really enjoyed it :tu

Bruzee
04-14-2009, 09:22 PM
Had a good ride today. Also got to try to teach my wife on hers for the first time... I was worried about her dropping it. She almost did, but by the end of the lesson she was riding the clutch up and down the street. I think she really enjoyed it :tu

Very nice. Before long she'll be a pro. :tu

LasciviousXXX
04-14-2009, 09:55 PM
Its finally starting to warm up here which is making my rides a little nicer but it rained like a MoFo on Saturday and by the time I got home I was absolutely drenched!

G G
04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
That's cool. Tried to teach my wife a few years ago and she was scared of the bike. Gave up and didn't try to force it.

Volt
04-15-2009, 04:41 AM
Holy smokes! What a day that must have been. Do you like the cold weather when you ride?

I can't say I like the cold, but for me it's no reason not to ride. I do prefer it either cold low 40's to 30* or 70 and better. I find it hard to dress for the mid range. From 45* to 69* I am either too hot or too cold, not really comfortable. My really cold weather is pretty good or in the hotter weather I can get down to a t-shirt.

Volt
04-15-2009, 04:43 AM

Why worry, if you ride you will drop it. Let her know dropping while not preffered is gonna happen. It will help make for less stress. :2, ymmv.

Boss Hogg
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Had an awesome ride today. Me and five guys from work went down to Encinitas and had lunch (About a 170 mile trip). We cruised the beach :dr What a day :tu

Volt
05-05-2009, 04:16 PM
The wife and I got soaked in the rain yesterday when we headed out to dinner. Knew it was a possibility but if you don't ride in the rain, how does the bike get washed :)

Bruzee
05-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Had an awesome ride today. Me and five guys from work went down to Encinitas and had lunch (About a 170 mile trip). We cruised the beach :dr What a day :tu

Very nice Curt. :tu

GhostRyder
05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Being a San Dieg native I used to ride up that way and around Fallbrook,,,a great ride for sure. The wineries make it a nice break. Living part time in Atlanta the weather is almost here for some all day rides up into the Smokey Moutains,,,Blue Ridge Parkway is probably the best ride I have ever seen.

Ahh... the Parkway. I'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes from access to the parkway. I live in Roanoke, VA and I can definitely agree that it is something else. Not many roads I've been on are better, although one stands out. The Going to the Sun Road in Glacier National Park. THAT is a road and would be a hell of a ride.

Bruzee
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Just got back from a 450 mile round trip to Oakland. There was a BBQ benifiting the family of the 4 Officers killed in the line of duty. And it was a beautiful ride. Got a little sun burn though. :tu

Cigary
05-10-2009, 11:51 AM

Certainly that has to qualify for "Iron Butt" status.

rennD
05-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Name the date/time/location :tu I know starmike lives up there too

Boss Hogg
06-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey all. I just finished my three day rider safety course. I am very happy to be done with it (mostly due to the weather :r).

Learned a lot of cool things. I recommend it to anyone considering learning more about riding :tu

gorob23
06-28-2009, 06:56 PM

I rode to the beach today (rusty mountain bike :D ) weather was great and I got to play volleyball:tpd:

Rob :tu

Boss Hogg
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I rode to the beach today (rusty mountain bike :D ) weather was great and I got to play volleyball:tpd:

Rob :tu

Outstanding :tu Are you local? We should go for a ride and a smoke :ss

Boss Hogg
06-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Just got back from an excellent ride up to Idlewild with a buddy of mine. It was hot until we got half way up there then the weather was nice. We stopped in at a nice little restaurant up there called the Red Kettle? Great burgers :tu

The ride back was nice... a lot of turns :wo:wo. All in all a great day :tu

vankleekkw
06-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Chicago has been throwing a lot of crappy weather my way. Have only been out less than 20 times this summer.

Boss Hogg
06-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Chicago has been throwing a lot of crappy weather my way. Have only been out less than 20 times this summer.

Ouch... I feel for you brother. Hang in there :tu

Cigary
07-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente. I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!

Boss Hogg
07-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente.

Big Bear is definitely on my to do list. The beach is alwasy pleasant too. Bro, why did you make the move? We need more of you out here :r

I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!

That sounds like an awesome ride. Someday I'll have do this also :tu

livwire68
07-02-2009, 12:59 AM
I was having a great ride the other day, lost in my own little world going down the freeway (I know I was still in town but enjoying the ride anyhow) The motorcycle cop also thought it was a good day to ride. When he seen me go by, he couldnt wait to join me. So I pulled over to have a general conversation with a fellow biker. And it went something like this: Cop- 90 in a 65? Me- I shrug like "so"! Well I am sure you know how the rest of the story goes, except he got me also for having out of state tags. And the lawyer wont be able to help me on this one, so I will have to change over my tags, go to driving school and pay out the ass, all because I was having a good day. I kind of wish I was going faster to make it worth while, hind sight 20/20.
Anyhow keep the rubber to the ground and the shiney side up!:banger

MarkinAZ
07-02-2009, 01:14 AM
I don't ride, but my good neighbor across the way from us has a nice HD "shovel" I believe its called, and boy does that bike sound beautiful when he fires it up!

He once told me that he has a can of nitro fuel that he mixes with the regular gas in the tank to kick up the octane a smidge. When he kicks it over, the engine simply purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss:tu

Boss Hogg
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
I was having a great ride the other day, lost in my own little world going down the freeway (I know I was still in town but enjoying the ride anyhow) The motorcycle cop also thought it was a good day to ride. When he seen me go by, he couldnt wait to join me. So I pulled over to have a general conversation with a fellow biker. And it went something like this: Cop- 90 in a 65? Me- I shrug like "so"! Well I am sure you know how the rest of the story goes, except he got me also for having out of state tags. And the lawyer wont be able to help me on this one, so I will have to change over my tags, go to driving school and pay out the ass, all because I was having a good day. I kind of wish I was going faster to make it worth while, hind sight 20/20.

Sorry to hear about your experience. That will always put a damper on a ride. If you don't mind telling, where were you when this happened?

I don't ride, but my good neighbor across the way from us has a nice HD "shovel" I believe its called, and boy does that bike sound beautiful when he fires it up!

He once told me that he has a can of nitro fuel that he mixes with the regular gas in the tank to kick up the octane a smidge. When he kicks it over, the engine simply purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssss:tu

That sounds is unforgetably beautiful :dr

WildBlueSooner
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM

That sucks!

http://www.imvfilms.com/data/images/ftc/ftc_ad.jpg
Just kidding!

livwire68
07-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry to hear about your experience. That will always put a damper on a ride. If you don't mind telling, where were you when this happened?

In Vegas! And I thought it was sin city, I guess speeding is not a sin!:rolleyes:

Bruzee
07-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Man I rode to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Forests today. It was an absolutely beautiful ride at about 65 degrees. I saw some big ass trees and beautiful roaring rapids. Couldn't have been better weather and very little traffic. Great day on the hog. :tu

Volt
07-03-2009, 05:31 AM
I miss riding there since moving to Hotlanta,,,riding up to Big Bear or Lake Arrowhead was always fun,,,,,the ocean along San Diego up to San Clemente. I might have to take a ride down to Florida and the Keys,,,yeah, that's it,,the Keys!

Your within 1 to 2 hours of some of the best motorcycle riding I have ever done. The Smokies, ride along teh Nantahala River, hwy 129 (Dragon), etc. I would be in deep **** with the boss and wife if I lived there :D

Bruzee
07-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I rode Yosemite National Park yesterday, and put 300 miles on my bike. What a beautiful ride. Absolutely breathtaking views up there. :tu

Boss Hogg
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I rode Yosemite National Park yesterday, and put 300 miles on my bike. What a beautiful ride. Absolutely breathtaking views up there. :tu

:dr Dustin, that sounds like an incredible ride. :hm.... must go take the bike out this instant....:r

e-man67
07-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I had a 1967 Harley Shovelhead that I redid back in 2000 and just sold it last year...man I miss riding! All the dudes I rode with had older hogs (77 FLH, 77 Sport, 55FL Panhead) it was a blast...I don't recall ever being that relaxed. After the wife and I had our son she wouldn't ride anymore...it got to be I was riding 2-3 times per year so I sold it to a good friend...thought I could fill the void with a musclecar so I bought a 1973 Mustang convertible with the 351c...very nice and fast...but it just isn't the same...miss my bike. :(

livwire68
07-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I finally got a job! I start tomorrow so I thought I would ride by and check it out. And when I was done decided to to make a run up to Caliente, NV for lunch. About a 330 mile round trip in 107 degree heat. Yea my face hurts wind/sunburnt. I need to remember to keep sunscreen on the bike. I did do my arms and they still burnt. Cold shower here I come!!!

Cigary
07-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Big Bear is definitely on my to do list. The beach is alwasy pleasant too. Bro, why did you make the move? We need more of you out here :r

That sounds like an awesome ride. Someday I'll have do this also :tu

The ride up to Big Bear is really fun with all of the twists and turns and spending the day up and around Lake Arrowhead,,,it's well worth the planning and doing. I moved to Atlanta about 2 years ago but still have a place in San Diego and want to move back once I get this place sold. I miss the ocean and the rides I used to have there. I'm pretty close to the Smokey Mountains so I need to do the Blue Ridge Parkway again as well as the ride down to the keys. When I lived in S. Florida I used to motor down to the keys once a month,,,riding over the keys is one of those rides you HAVE to do,,nothing like it. Another great ride is down to Miami along S. Beach and then over to Naples/Marco Island area. So many places to ride,,,,,not enough time.

floydpink
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM

That's the shovelhead Harley engine, born when I was, in 1966 and discontinued when I graduated High School in 1985. Beautiful and powerful engine. He must be proud.

I know a vet who has one that he bought for himself as soon as he returned from Vietnam.

Here's a 1967 shovelhead bobber

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/rastapete69/1969_Harley_FLH_Shovelhead_Bobber_4.jpg

I tried to ride today but got my chills back from the flu I have been fighting for a week and had to turn around after a couple miles.

Boss Hogg
07-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Just got back from an awesome ride up to Big Bear. Left around 8:00 this morning and spent the whole day up there with some family. Had a great meal in town, hung out at the "beach" (had some RYJ Churchills :ss) and then did some boat riding. Fun, fun, fun.... looking forward to doing it again :tu