PDA

View Full Version : Humidors within Coolerdors *Noob Question*

random0813
03-29-2009, 12:50 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question, but I am a newbie and therefore allowed to be dumb.

I have a coolerdor now to accommodate my rapidly growing collection (thanks for the kick down the slope, guys...)

I have a couple of the small CI humidors that I was using up until now. Am I able to store sticks in those humidors and have them closed within my cooler or do I need to have them open so that the sticks are at proper humidity? Similarly, I have a Fuente Holiday Sampler box in there that is currently closed. Is this okay?

Again..sorry if this is a dumb question but I baby these sticks about as much as I would a newborn so I don't want to damage them. Thanks folks...

NCRadioMan
03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Closed is fine. I have a couple of desktops in one of my coolers.

canucks6024
03-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Just open a crack. Slip a folded business card or something so the humidity stays the same as your coolidor.

**edit, just read the above post. Closed is ok too, as long as you remember to open them once a while. (this is assuming you dont have anything to regulate the humidity in your small humidors***

ucla695
03-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Closed is fine. I've seen people storing desktops in their temp controlled cabinets with no ill effects. It's the same as storing it out in the open.

Mugen910
03-29-2009, 01:26 PM
as long at the rh and temp are where you want them..closed is perfectly fine. my glass top humi is in my vino and the temp is where i can see it so i dont have to open and close anything but the vino.
Posted via Mobile Device

random0813
03-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

Just to clarify...I do not have anything in the humidors to regulate the humidity.

troutbreath
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Will the humidity in the cooler have a negative impact on the exterior of your humidors? Probably not, but that would be my first concern. The sticks should be fine, open or closed, if there is humidification in the individual boxes.