PDA

View Full Version : Wireless security camera's?

livwire68
03-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Anyone have any experience with them. I am looking at some of the $100 models that are wireless and can be viewed from any internet source. We had some people move in a few weeks ago and there have been some problems arise. My Son had his bike stolen from inside the garage. There are about 8 people living in the house from young kids to older kids and no one seems to be over 18. The police have been there twice, the county multiple times including a truency officer. We have documented any problem with the HOA (they are just renting) I am just looking for a way to further protect my family and anything I have worked hard to own. The camera's also allow me to get video documentation if there are any future problems.

Wolfgang
03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
You have that 50 cal.................... :ss

G G
03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Anyone have any experience with them. I am looking at some of the $100 models that are wireless and can be viewed from any internet source. We had some people move in a few weeks ago and there have been some problems arise. My Son had his bike stolen from inside the garage. There are about 8 people living in the house from young kids to older kids and no one seems to be over 18. The police have been there twice, the county multiple times including a truency officer. We have documented any problem with the HOA (they are just renting) I am just looking for a way to further protect my family and anything I have worked hard to own. The camera's also allow me to get video documentation if there are any future problems.
Hopefully some with more experience than me will chime in, but here is my :2 worth.

I have a Panasonic BLC1 (I think) and it's a $100.00 camera when I bought it. It's ok but not great. I would prolly spend more if I were going to get another one. Hope that helps some.

livwire68
03-27-2009, 07:39 PM
You have that 50 cal.................... :ss

For residential defense its a bit much and I would have to be home to use it. Thats one of the main things I dont want to disappear along with the other $22,000 in firearms. Yea I know I need to get a safe. Until I got the house I had nowhere to put one!

Wolfgang
03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Sorry I couldnt help more, and of course I hope you knew I was kidding.

St. Lou Stu
03-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Just remember to turn off the camera before ya whack em with a ball bat! ;)

ucla695
03-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Just remember to turn off the camera before ya whack em with a ball bat! ;)

:r:r

omowasu
03-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I have seen a couple of wireless units at Costco and others that come as part of a motion sensor light combo - they take an SD card and loop video directly onto the card. If something happens, you just go to the fixture and remove the card and shove it in a PC. Simple enough.

Another one is the Defender MPEG-4 system, go to costco dot com and search for item# 276451 (or Defender Covert MPEG4).

Ultimately, if you live in a cold climate or want constant monitoring, you may need to look at a wired system. Most cameras need heat at temperatures below 40 degrees, and battery powered units tend to experience power drops at freezing or below.