PDA

View Full Version : Padron Sampler

cigardude
03-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I've been recently sampling from two boxes of the 8 padron samplers. With regards to their respective lines, are they as good as the samplers? Or is the sampler box slightly better over the regular production counterparts? I ask only because the sampler box has been very very good and I'm wondering if the regular lines are no different?

Wolfgang
03-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Padrons in general are wonderful.

shadow king
03-26-2009, 11:13 PM
I've just gotten the Maduro sampler as well. They are so good looking in that box I don't wanna smoke any. Anywhere I have been I have heard nothing but good things about any Padron's.

Cigardude, I'm curious to hear which one you think is best so far?

silentjon
03-27-2009, 05:37 AM
I never had a bad Padron ever. The Anniversary Series are among my favorite cigars and the regular line is great as well, especially considering their price.

Starscream
03-27-2009, 05:41 AM
I never had a bad Padron ever. The Anniversary Series are among my favorite cigars and the regular line is great as well, especially considering their price.

:tpd:
Never had a bad Padron yet.

NCRadioMan
03-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I've been recently sampling from two boxes of the 8 padron samplers. With regards to their respective lines, are they as good as the samplers? Or is the sampler box slightly better over the regular production counterparts? I ask only because the sampler box has been very very good and I'm wondering if the regular lines are no different?

Why would you wonder if they are different?

Sounds like the beginings of another legendary crackpot theory. ;) :r

Jbailey
03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm going to say they are the same. As NC's go Padron was/is my favorite, and in the 64 line I loved the Diplomatico and the principe both in the natural wrap.

lightning9191
03-27-2009, 10:43 AM

:tpd: Padrons are well made cigars and are a standby for many.

cigardude
03-27-2009, 11:59 PM
I've just gotten the Maduro sampler as well. They are so good looking in that box I don't wanna smoke any. Anywhere I have been I have heard nothing but good things about any Padron's.

Cigardude, I'm curious to hear which one you think is best so far?

I tried all of them minus the torpedo and the very large one on the left. To be perfectly honest they all tasted the same. The only real difference I could discern being the 64 and 26 being progressively smoother and better balanced then it's predecessor. So with that said the no. 6 has been my favorite this far.

eber
03-28-2009, 08:52 AM
:tpd:
I am going to enjoy my first Padron 80th anniversary tonight to christen the new apartment :ss:wo

Texan in Mexico
03-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Great question! I really enjoy Padrons and have been to their factory in Miami and have watched them put together orders.

The cigars are the same.

The 64's are wonderful and when you can afford it the 26's are even better!

As many others have said here they are one of a few sticks that are normally ranked in the top three of NC's if not all cigars...

Enjoy the samplers and buy more! :tu

cigardude
03-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Great question! I really enjoy Padrons and have been to their factory in Miami and have watched them put together orders.

The cigars are the same.

The 64's are wonderful and when you can afford it the 26's are even better!

As many others have said here they are one of a few sticks that are normally ranked in the top three of NC's if not all cigars...

Enjoy the samplers and buy more! :tu

Aside from the smoother/better balance, was there anything else you could differentiate between the 26 and 64's? Taste wise they seem identical.

Legend
03-28-2009, 08:58 PM
26 and 64 are quite different. Both good. The 64 is spicier and the 26 is a mellower cigar.

Padron doesn't know how to make a bad cigar.

Texan in Mexico
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Aside from the smoother/better balance, was there anything else you could differentiate between the 26 and 64's? Taste wise they seem identical.

EDIT: I got to thinking about my post after a while. I feel it is a disservice to these cigars to do a direct comparison. I always try to rate cigars, cars, employees, etc not one against the other but to my idea of what a perfect cigar, car, employee, etc should be.

In my mind, I know what I would want from the perfect cigar and then I review the cigar I am smoking against this standard. When doing so, the 26 stands above the 64 and the 64 above the X000 series.

I am very fortunate to be able to smoke a 26 a couple times a month and it is a bit of a treat for me to do so. I do not want to come off as a snob, I just truly appreciate the 26.

Regardless of how much you can detect from a cigar, I feel it is worth the investment to try the 26 after having smoked the 64.

The price difference can be wide and, again, if you can not detect the difference between the two, and I would wager most of the general public that smokes 6 cigars a year etc could not, the 64 is definately the way to go and what I smoke probably 10 to 1 versus the 26.

Legend sums it up rather well. Restating: the 64 has that spice which is a trademark of the Nic cigars but not a black pepper that's in your face.

The 26 is so much smoother / creamier / more silk like and my personal opinion is that this smoothness allows you to pick up the more subdued flavors which for me is sometimes chocolate and some other assorted flavors. The 26 is aged more than the 64 so that adds tremendously to this as well.

Forgive my ramblings but I did want to go back over my thought process and, cigardude, I hope I answered your question and I miss your old avatar!

AllOGistics
03-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Padron doesn't know how to make a bad cigar.

That certainly seems to be the case. I have liked all the lines I've tried of theirs. They are also very consistent in both taste and quality (in my experience).

Texan in Mexico
03-28-2009, 09:46 PM
cigardude, please ignore my avatar comment, I confused your nick with skibumdc, he used to have a signature that said the dude abides with a pretty young lady in a Taboo Twist dress or something like that. I am getting tired.

ucla695
03-29-2009, 01:08 PM
The samplers are just as good as the ones that come in the boxes. :dr

neoflex
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
I've yet to meet a Padron that I didn't like!:tu

Dgar
03-30-2009, 10:30 AM
It depends whether you bought your your sampler at a BM or online, if at a B/M that would explain the great taste :r Ignore: sorry could'nt resist....

I've found Padrons to be very consistent, regardless of where they come from.

A couple posters mention the differences between the taste of the 64' and 26series... I dont find them to be that much different. I find all Padrons have a similar taste.... I'm lucky, I can smoke Padon 0000 series and not feel like Im missing out on a thing...

shortstory5
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
For me, they're no different. Always the same amazing Padron.

Ender
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
The 2000 rocks...well they all do really.