PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cheese Burgers

BengalMan
03-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Tonight I decided to grill some burgers and kick them up a little bit and make things interesting. Here's how to do them.

-Get a little more than a pound of 80/20 ground chuck. IMO this is the only kind of meat to use in burgers, the beef to fat ratio makes them come out extra juicy.
-Place the chuck in a bowl and add some Worschester sauce, dash of paprika, and a little garlic salt. Mix it all up.
-Form 4 patties out of the meat. In two of these patties, carve out the center with your fingers. Not all the way through obviously, but almost a little ditch.
-Fill the holes with blue cheese crumbles.
-Take one of the other patties, put it on top of the burger and press all the sides together. This is very important. Make sure you push the meat together so both patties are completely sealed together.
-Cover both sides with your favorite Cajun blackening rub.
-Put on a pre-heated gas grill for about 5 minutes each side. DO NOT PRESS DOWN ON THE BURGERS.
-Top the bun with your favorite chunky blue cheese dressing, thick sliced pepper bacon, lettuce, and caramelized onions while the burgers are cooking.
-Remove burgers from grill and let sit for about 5-7 minutes so that the cheese cool's down and doesn't burn your mouth.
-Put everything together and enjoy! This burger is downright amazing. So many flavors from the peppered bacon, blue cheese dressing, blue cheese melted into the meat, and the sweetness of the caramelized onions.

Serve up with a cold beer and BBQ baked beans.

chippewastud79
03-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I like the 1/2 pound patties idea, fat guys can definitely get a nice meal out of those :tu

s15driftking
03-22-2009, 05:40 PM
1. what kind/brand of cajun blackening rub would you suggest?

2. also, does anyone here ever mix in a raw egg to the meat before forming the patties? M family does. i dont know why exactly... but the burgers always come out super juicy.

cle_smoker
03-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I've done burgers like that before with the cheese in the middle. One other thing I've tried is mixing in crumbled bacon with the meat before I make the patties. That makes for a tasty burger.

Texan in Mexico
03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
This sounds really good!

I just grilled up some arrachera with the gf and currently working on an Anni 64 but I now know what to grill next weekend!

Thank you for the idea.

Travis

ahc4353
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I love BC burgers!

Nabinger16
03-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Man Ian, Are you sharing a recipe or talking dirty? That sound awesome! I love Red Robins Blu Ribbon Burger, and this sound 10 time better than that.

Definitely must try! Thanks Bro!

BengalMan
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
To be honest, I just read over this again, and man do I want to make another!!!