PDA

View Full Version : MLB.tv

rack04
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Does anyone subscribe to MLB.TV? Since moving to Dallas I don't get to see my Astros play. How is the service?

Starscream
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I watch the games for free the day after they occur on MLB.tv. I can't get any Reds games here in NC. I'd rather see it for free a day late than to pay for it live.

gettysburgfreak
03-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a friend who loves it. I have Directv and enjoy the MLB Channel

dunng
03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
My brother uses it in MD to watch Red Sox games... :tu

chippewastud79
03-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Not sure if it would carry all of them, but channelsurfing.net has tons of games. :tu

Starscream
03-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I watch the games for free the day after they occur on MLB.tv. I can't get any Reds games here in NC. I'd rather see it for free a day late than to pay for it live.

I guess they don't offer the free archive service anymore. Looks like you have to pay for it as well this year.:mad:

hotreds
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Do you have Directv? Their deal is the best, but expensive. Or do you mean watching on the computer? If the latter, unless you are comfortable sitting in front of your computer screen for three/four hours at a clip OR you can connect your computer to your tv, I'd say save your money. I paid for it last year, and while it was kinda nice to surf around a bit, watching the games on the small computer screen was not all that great. AND- you better have a real good and fast connection.

You may want to think about XM radio that will carry EVERY game with no black-outs, and you can listen anywhere you want to- outside with a cigar even! Baseball is almost better on the radio.

You also don't want to be chained to your computer- you bought the thing, so you'd better use it- no matter what else might be going on!

Good luck, my friend! Let us know what you decide.

cre8v1
03-20-2009, 11:28 PM
You may also want to check this out:

http://channelsurfing.net/

I'm not sure how the baseball coverage is but I've used it for some college baseball and basketball games and and a few pro football games.

hotreds
03-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Nice link, but I doubt that they'll have much MLB baseball. Selig is REALLY a turd about people seeing games w/o paying.

qwerty1500
03-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Our cable service added MLB Network to our HD package. I've really been enjoying the live WBC and Spring Training games. I'm really curious what's going to happen when the regular season gets underway.

hotreds
03-21-2009, 11:02 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/network/about/