PDA

View Full Version : Opus X Perfecxion#5

RevSmoke
03-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I am really enjoying smaller cigars lately, so seeing one of these, I grabbed it and let it sit for w few months in my humidor. Actually, more like a year.

Last night I burned it.

This is a very good looking stick with a great looking wrapper, and well constructed. This isn't lacking for fill.

It took a flame well, and we were off. Draw was a bit tight, but not a serious problem. And the burn was very even.

Initially, it was rather tasty, a bit of spice, sweet, some cedar and leather, and hints of coffee seemed to dominate. It was on the stronger side of medium bodied. It never really "WOWed" me though.

Then it turned on me just about the 1/2 way point. It got bitter and rancid tasting. I don't know how to describe it. I tried to purge a couple times, to no effect. I don't puff hard on a stick, once every 45 seconds or so, if that. And now, it is frying my tongue.

Needless to say, I set it down with 1.5 - 2 inches of it left. I was disappointed, seriously disappointed.

I still have a couple Opus left in the humidor, but I must say that this one has made me put off smoking another anytime soon, maybe they need more agining. I don't know.

I'd say it was because of the humidor, but I smoke out of it regularly and didn't have a problem.

Is this unusual? Or is it me?

BamBam
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I have heard that the #5 is the most harsh of all the Opus line. The #5 is actually the only one I've ever had and it definitely didn't wow me. I actually didn't care for it.

karmaz00
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
hopefully the other are better for ya

RevSmoke
03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I have heard that the #5 is the most harsh of all the Opus line. The #5 is actually the only one I've ever had and it definitely didn't wow me. I actually didn't care for it.

If the 2nd half had been like the first half, I'd have enjoyed it.

Scottw
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Nice review sir!!!