PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Pipe Tobacco??

wayner123
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Hello all,

I recently got this and it seems to be legit. However, I could find very little information about it online. If any of you know anything please let me know.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/wayner1234/Panama%20Cigar_Tobacco/IMG_4956_6_1.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/wayner1234/Panama%20Cigar_Tobacco/IMG_4959_7_1.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/wayner1234/Panama%20Cigar_Tobacco/IMG_4960_8_1.jpg

DrDubzz
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
appears legit to me (I may have recently seen some of this very up close and personal)

to my understanding, it's just cuban cigar leaf that'd diced up and packed into 1lb bricks, it looks, and sorta smells like, fish food flakes. But if you like cigar taste in a pipe, you'll probably enjoy it. Warning, it's VERY strong

madurofan
03-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Keep the pretty packaging intact.

You're not missing anything. Cuba makes some of the worlds worst pipe tobaccos.:r

GreekGodX
03-17-2009, 02:55 AM
Seems like something to try.. I heard about Cuba pipe tobacco but never knew where to get it from. Let us know what it's like.

Nabinger16
03-17-2009, 05:22 AM

You're not missing anything. Cuba makes some of the worlds worst pipe tobaccos.:r

That's what I would do, just keep it pretty. There's to many other great pipe tobaccos to open something that's hard to find and know to be bad.

loki
03-17-2009, 05:48 AM

i can see that, if it's straight cigar leaf it would make a horrible pipe tobacco. Some how I don't see them being able to get a hold of any VA or perique or anything like that.

Blueface
03-17-2009, 07:51 AM

Just told my dad about this pipe tobacco as I too was curious when I saw the photo.
I swear I clearly heard him gagging over the phone.:r

Some may wish to call it Pipe Tobacco. However, it is called "picadura" for those that know its content. Chopped left over tobacco leaves.

As dad said, save it as is for posterity, you will enjoy it much more that way.

wayner123
03-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Just told my dad about this pipe tobacco as I too was curious when I saw the photo.
I swear I clearly heard him gagging over the phone.:r

Some may wish to call it Pipe Tobacco. However, it is called "picadura" for those that know its content. Chopped left over tobacco leaves.

As dad said, save it as is for posterity, you will enjoy it much more that way.

LOL, :r

Maybe I can roll it into cigarettes that will put Marlboro Red to shame in strength factor? :pu

Curly Cut
03-17-2009, 08:07 PM
i've heard that cuban pipe tobacco sucks as well.
if anyone is interested in finding out where to get it, there's an italian vendor that has some.

go to the Tobacco>Other English Mixtures
down at the bottom, they have this one and Partagas.

this is also where some ppl were getting their 50g pouches of Balkan Sobranie, but dn't know if they still have it or not.
they do have some other pouches some may be interested in, like "Troost"

DrDubzz
03-17-2009, 09:26 PM
can you post a source for cuban baccy?

loki
03-18-2009, 09:12 AM

...... really?

DrDubzz
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
...... really?

no, I meant like, is that allowed, cause he did in the post above mine

not that I want a source

loki
03-18-2009, 10:48 AM

not that I want a source

ah got yeah. sorry about that I just skimmed that last few posts. My mistake i should have read

Cyclone
03-21-2009, 10:30 PM

I concur... This stuff is HARSH....

But what do I know... I'm a pipe newbie...

68TriShield
03-22-2009, 08:33 AM

...... really?

not that I want a source

No guys and Greg is fully aware of that.