PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Frappin iPod Touch - Need Help

RGD.
03-16-2009, 07:31 PM
as in help with Audio Books - more to the point - getting rid of them.

Okay so I am a new user here with this thing. What I did was put the Audio Books which are in MP3 format into iTunes. Then went in and changed the deal to tell iTunes that they were audio books. As planned - it put them under audio books on the iPod - but now I can't find them in iTunes to get rid of them.

I learned a few things - correct audio book extension and all - joining the parts to make them a little larger without so many segments etc. So now I want to remove what I put in there before and install them correctly.

This damn thing is driving me past the insane brink.

HELP!

Ron

stitch
03-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Duuuuude,
What's a crusty trusty old fart like you doing fiddle fartin around with this newfangled teenie bopper stuff for anyways???? :ss
Rotsa Ruck pardner

MadAl
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Haven't used my iTouch for books, but Apple's discussion forums are excellent.

68TriShield
03-17-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL @ stitch :D

Sorry Ron...
:lv

piperman
03-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I have some videos Im trying to get rid of and they just keep appearing back.:confused:

ashtonlady
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Did you uncheck the box when you Sync your itouch?

cle_smoker
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Try this.

Open iTunes, Edit, Preferences.

On the first tab, General, make sure you have Audiobooks checked. Click OK. That should cause a new group under Library to show up. From there you should be able to remove the audiobook.

piperman
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Did you uncheck the box when you Sync your itouch?

In itunes?

ashtonlady
03-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes. If you dont figure it out send me a PM and I will help you.

RGD.
03-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Duuuuude,
What's a crusty trusty old fart like you doing fiddle fartin around with this newfangled teenie bopper stuff for anyways???? :ss
Rotsa Ruck pardner

I know - like right! (Phrase borrowed from my teenie bopper daughter)

Actually it works out pretty neat when I'm stuck on a job doing my ohh so important work of watching the guys work - :ss

Ron

RGD.
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Try this.

On the first tab, General, make sure you have Audiobooks checked. Click OK. That should cause a new group under Library to show up. From there you should be able to remove the audiobook.

Now don't I feel like more of an idiot - :o

Thanks - that was the ticket to it all. :tu

Ron

68TriShield
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Try this.

Way to go Robert :tu

cle_smoker
03-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Now don't I feel like more of an idiot - :o

Thanks - that was the ticket to it all. :tu

Ron

:wo

stitch
03-17-2009, 08:56 PM
I know - like right! (Phrase borrowed from my teenie bopper daughter)

Actually it works out pretty neat when I'm stuck on a job doing my ohh so important work of watching the guys work - :ss

Ron
Me, I would just drink beer, Smoke cigars and go ... Hey, You...The guy with the saw ... Go cut that thar board over there ...:ss