PDA

View Full Version : 601 black

Legend
03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
I've tried the toro and Churchill sizes of this stogie and am quite pleased. I am a big fan of nicaraguan tobacco and the black comes in as another winner. Magnificently made smooth flawless wrapper. Great construction and draw. Consistant full flavor throughout with that slight spice and nicaraguan pop. No big flavor change between vitolas. A truly enjoyable smoke 3.7 legend rating.

Darrell
03-16-2009, 08:29 AM
IMO, the black label is one of the best Connecticut wrappers on the NC market. This is by far the best offering from United Tobacco (601), however I would recommend that you try the Robusto, it was quite a bit more flavorful and spicier than the Toro or Churchill.

Da Klugs
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
From the tinder box site....

"The 601 Black is handmade in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia exclusively for UnitedTobacco. They comprise an exquisite blend of aged Nicaraguan tobaccos topped with a beautiful rich and oily Ecuadorian Connecticut Wrapper."

(Just so folks know the cigar is not a "legend" brand. :D )

icehog3
03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
From the tinder box site....

"The 601 Black is handmade in Esteli, Nicaragua by Pepin Garcia exclusively for UnitedTobacco. They comprise an exquisite blend of aged Nicaraguan tobaccos topped with a beautiful rich and oily Ecuadorian Connecticut Wrapper."

(Just so folks know the cigar is not a "legend" brand. :D )

Thanks, Dave....I don't know that much about NCs, and I was confused by "Legend" in the thread title.

Da Klugs
03-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Dave....I don't know that much about NCs, and I was confused by "Legend" in the thread title.

You're a legend to me bud. :tu

ahc4353
03-16-2009, 08:35 AM

I'm always confused when "legend" is in the thread title. :ss

I love Mondays! :D

Darrell
03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
This thread scores a 1.1 on the legend scale. :r

gnukfu
03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm always confused when "legend" is in the thread title. :ss

I love Mondays! :D

I'm confused when people are seeing "Legend" in the thread title and I don't see it....I better start :al- maybe that will help. :wo

Starscream
03-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm confused when people are seeing "Legend" in the thread title and I don't see it....I better start :al- maybe that will help. :wo

It was there. It got deleted.

Legend
03-16-2009, 11:15 AM
It was there. It got deleted.

Why would somebody delete my title?

Maybe I should put

Legend review - name of cigar

They hurt my feeling (I only have one)

Darrell
03-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe I should put

or not. :D

68TriShield
03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
IMO, the black label is one of the best Connecticut wrappers on the NC market. This is by far the best offering from United Tobacco (601), however I would recommend that you try the Robusto, it was quite a bit more flavorful and spicier than the Toro or Churchill.

I have to agree with double L here.
Probably may favorite Conn. wrapped cigar out there right now.

Thanks for the review.

Hardcz
03-16-2009, 11:42 AM
What is this a banter thread?

Legend, I do believe adding the additional information in the title would help with confusion on the cigars. I kept looking up legend brand but didn't see them. I'm such a cigar newb.

Legend
03-16-2009, 11:44 AM

will do, I have a box of the red label robustos which I am enjoying and will probably review soon, the wrapper on the red label is so silky and pretty!!

Hardcz
03-16-2009, 11:48 AM
I have one of these somewhere, had no idea what brand it was.

Darrell
03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
I have one of these somewhere, had no idea what brand it was.

Yeah, the 601 on the band isn't a dead give away. ;)

Hardcz
03-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Ahh thought it was the 601 blend my bad!

Da Klugs
03-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Why would somebody delete my title?

Maybe I should put

They hurt my feeling (I only have one)

That was me. I'm what the soup guy in Seinfeld was to cigar reviews. :D

The cool thing about the software we use here is that you can sort all the reviews by not only the default display of date but by thread title or who started the threads. Bottom left of every forum has the drop downs that enable you to do this. By keeping the titles cigar specific it makes it easier to navigate and find what you are looking for. Plus, if you want to look at all the reviews posted by a particular member you can sort by Thread Starter and get that as well. :tu

Or you can use search like this example where I searched for all threads started by "Da Klugs" in the Island that one forum including the brand sub forums.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/search.php?searchid=759256

I try to always use the brand as the leading word followed by the specific cigar and year if appropriate. A holdover from the old site where all brands were in one forum but ... hey old habits die hard.

Users can still get the grouping by member they want but we avoid the raised eyebrows from the "look at me" interpretation of putting our user names in review titles. :hf

Doesn't get all the reviews for most of us who post additional reviews in existing threads but it's a start and if you need to dig deeper you just change the results expression to posts vs threads and get the users posts in the review forum or any specific brand sub forum you are interested in.

Scottw
03-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Yeah, the 601 on the band isn't a dead give away. ;)

:r:r:r

Smoke Naked
03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Another Connecticut to add to the list, thanks for the review Legend

Starscream
03-16-2009, 07:57 PM
That was me. I'm what the soup guy in Seinfeld was to cigar reviews. :D

:r

tenbaseg
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Great stick. I agree what was said about the robusto. Lots of spice/pepper and it's a powerhouse. It's not a mild connie stick by any means.