PDA

View Full Version : Need some font help.

smitdavi
03-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Can anyone tell me what the font spelling "Briscoe" is? I've been looking for a while and can't seem to pin point it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c156/the_studd/briscoe.gif

shilala
03-15-2009, 08:54 AM
It's probably a "hand" font. Then it got customized in photoshop.
There's bazillions of "hand" fonts. They're made from a person's handwriting. Some are really nice, I've used them a number of times.
I keep a few gigs of fonts and that one doesn't look familiar at all.

RGD.
03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
I also have a few hundred bazillion fonts - :ss

That's a hand font verging on script. What is unique is that the "r" is cursive but the "s" is not. Searching fonts is really just a stare and compare deal - when I'm sitting around I will do a few searches for you and see if I can come up with anything.

Ron

smitdavi
03-15-2009, 09:03 AM
It's probably a "hand" font. Then it got customized in photoshop.
There's bazillions of "hand" fonts. They're made from a person's handwriting. Some are really nice, I've used them a number of times.
I keep a few gigs of fonts and that one doesn't look familiar at all.

I just ended up touching it up in photoshop. I was wanting to start from scratch, but I don't think that will happen.

smitdavi
03-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I also have a few hundred bazillion fonts - :ss

That's a hand font verging on script. What is unique is that the "r" is cursive but the "s" is not. Searching fonts is really just a stare and compare deal - when I'm sitting around I will do a few searches for you and see if I can come up with anything.

Ron

That's what was throwing me off two. I would find something that would match the R but not the S or vice versa but never both. It seemed like a pretty unique font, thought it was worth a shot to see if anyone recognized it.

shilala
03-15-2009, 09:09 AM
What is unique is that the "r" is cursive but the "s" is not.

My handwriting is like that. Half cursive and half printing. I don't make any small R's at all. My lower case R's are just little capital R's. :)

WildBlueSooner
03-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I print in all caps...mostly. Sometimes I will throw a small letter in there, especially if I am writing fast.