PDA

View Full Version : Reserva MiraFlor – Robusto

michael88n
03-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I got these good lookin’ smokes from Eric at Kioki Cigars about a week and a half ago. Like most of us, I like to let them rest for a bit before taking them for a test drive. So I took one out of the humi’ today and I was looking forward to it all day.

It’s a great looking stogie. It was beautiful brown. Like melted caramel. Smooth and shiny. It smelled like good tobacco with a hint of sweet. It felt firm, but not too heavy. I think this is my first Nicaraguan Puro and I’m looking forward to trying something new.

I punched a hole in the cap and took my pre light draw… Perfect. Not loose – not tight. I toasted the foot and got a rich, woody smell. As soon as I took the first few puffs, flavor came by and kicked the door in. Whoa…

It was rich with cedar and the spice coming in right afterwards. It was a little bit stronger than I liked; but damn, it was good. The draw was just right, the burn was perfect, and it produced loads of rich white smoke. The kind of smoke that just envelopes your head and leaves the rich, cigar smell hanging in the air.

About halfway in, the nutty flavor started coming through and every once in a while a black coffee flavor would introduce itself. My entire mouth was tingling with flavor, and I was salivating for one more, one more, one more hit.

And what really surprised me that this robusto lasted a long time. I forgot to look at my watch, but it had to be at least an hour. It was smooth and didn’t ever have to be puffed two or three times to keep it lit.

Towards the very end the spice and cedar came back around to finish it off. I smoked this stogie to the nub. And for all of you finger-sniffers out there. I’ve been enjoying the toasted wood smell on my hand for the last hour. The hits just keep on coming.

I got another one in my fiver, and I sure as heck am looking forward to it. Thank you, Eric.

Cheers,
Michael

Hey! I know that a bunch of us serving in the military jumped on this free-fiver bandwagon. What did you all think of this smoke?

kiokicigars
03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Michael,

Thank you very much and what a great review. All samplers where shipped out, due to the location of some of our troops some will get theirs faster than others. Any comments or reviews are welcomed.

Thanks once again,

Eric Davis
Kioki Cigar Company
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

AndyMadera
03-14-2009, 06:40 PM
To all,

guys all I have to say is i really support Kioki in his pation for cigars and supporting the troops. I have been involved with kioki for a long time now and he is a quality guy. I really look forward to his upcomming projects with getting cigars to those who diserve them out there.

To Micheal,

Im glad you liked the cigar and its an honor to hear your comments on them. I always have you guys in my thoughts and cant tell you enough how much I appeciate your service and all those alongside you. God bless you all.

To Kioki,

I commend you greatly for your pation for what you are doing. I wish more of the industry would follow your lead and enthusiasm to serve those who are out there on our behalf.

Andy

MithShrike
03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Yep, these are a quality smoke. We brought these in as well and I've been pushing them. Good stuff.

kiokicigars
03-15-2009, 05:35 PM
To all,

guys all I have to say is i really support Kioki in his pation for cigars and supporting the troops. I have been involved with kioki for a long time now and he is a quality guy. I really look forward to his upcomming projects with getting cigars to those who diserve them out there.

To Micheal,

Im glad you liked the cigar and its an honor to hear your comments on them. I always have you guys in my thoughts and cant tell you enough how much I appeciate your service and all those alongside you. God bless you all.

To Kioki,

I commend you greatly for your pation for what you are doing. I wish more of the industry would follow your lead and enthusiasm to serve those who are out there on our behalf.

Andy

Andy

Thank you very much and it means a lot to me (as you know from our conversations) to be able to provide a cigar that we know has a flawless construction, great taste and more to the men and women that serve every day for our freedom....thanks again.

Skywalker
03-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the review!!!

I haven't had this one yet!!!

SmokeyNL
03-16-2009, 03:01 AM
I only have Spam for you. :)

I dont think this should be here, it has nothing to do with the review of these great cigars.

michael88n
03-16-2009, 06:20 AM
I dont think this should be here, it has nothing to do with the review of these great cigars.

I agree with Smokey.

Now isn't that odd? How did Smokey's post jump threads?

Cheers,
Michael

Don Fernando
03-16-2009, 07:22 AM
that asshat with his waterpipes is a spammer, I already notified the mods earlier today.

The Reserva Miraflor is a great cigar, I enjoyed both the Churchill and the Robusto a lot.

Pyrokin
03-26-2009, 04:30 PM
I got one from albert (awsmith4) and it's smoking fantastic, thanks sweetie!

Great cigar

SixPackSunday
03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
smoked my first one today and it really surprised me! It started off a little rough, but then again I cut and lit it straight out of the priority mail box it came in!

For the price point this is sure to become a favorite everyday for many smokers!

smooth burn, ash held for almost 2" on it throughout. over all i'm very impressed.