PDA

View Full Version : I need help choosing a cigar? (new guy)

red_sapphire89
03-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey yall,
I need some major help so i dont waste my money. I am young 20 hate cigs but love smoking flavored things. Hookah is ok too some flavors. Anyways, I love to smoke black and mild wines in the car and out at bike night, but im bored with them. I want something under 5 bucks a pop and no tip on the end. I want the flavor to be similar to Middletons Black and Mild Wines. I have been looking at the acid line (dont kill me) I read the review on them here and the c notes sound like what i need. I just have no concept of flavors what so ever, but i know wine bm's are wonderful. So the question is What do you recommend i try out I'm going to the cigar bar tomorrow to get some acids and would like to try out some others too.

Nabinger16
03-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome to the Asylum!

If you're dead set on flavored cigars, I would suggest a Rocky Patel Java. They are made by Drew Estates (maker of acid) for RP, and are coffee flavor infused. They're not too bad for an infused cigar. Isla del sol is a cigar by Drew Estates, it's a short filler coffee infused cigar that's not bad I guess.

CAO has a line of infused cigars, and Tatiana is another brand.

theonlybear4CORT
03-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I would say try the kaluah cigars,they are discontinued but were what got me into cigars,that and the Eileens dream. http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/search/stats.cfm/inum/21675for a little over a Dollar they aren't to bad from what I remember.

red_sapphire89
03-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Nabinger16, Where in Indiana are you? I'm in indy...whats a good cigar store around here
thanks guys keep the recommendations coming

Swampfox21
03-12-2009, 11:10 PM
hey red, as for flavored cigars check out the CAO flavored sticks ive got a friend like you who loves the BM wines, and he has had a few of the CAO flavors. but do yourself a favor and pick up a CAO gold, its not flavored but it pretty good, it was my first real cigar.

red_sapphire89
03-12-2009, 11:31 PM
If anyone's selling any flavored cigars PM me. for now i will post an ad in the wtb section.

RGD.
03-13-2009, 02:20 AM
If you must have flavored cigars - Tatiana would be my suggestion. The ones that I have had seem very well constructed and the infusion is not overpowering.

But really - taste is subjective - you are just going to have to spend money on various brands until you find something that you like.

Ron

boonedoggle
03-13-2009, 02:22 AM
ACID sticks by Drew Estates are pretty much on the extreme side of infusion, but I actually keep some sitting around to shock my taste buds from time to time! :rolleyes:

Nabinger16
03-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Nabinger16, Where in Indiana are you? I'm in indy...whats a good cigar store around here
thanks guys keep the recommendations coming

I'm from North Webster, it's a small town about 2.5 hours north between South Bend and Fort Wayne. I'm not real familiar with Indy, but there are a number of Indy folks in the Asylum. I'm sure somebody could direct you to one.

red_sapphire89
03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
I got some acid cnotes wow there different but i like them they smell daym good.

Nabinger16
03-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I got some acid cnotes wow there different but i like them they smell daym good.

It's all about smoking what you like and enjoying what you smoke! Smoke the hell out of them Bro!

MarkinAZ
03-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Nabinger16, Where in Indiana are you? I'm in indy...whats a good cigar store around here thanks guys keep the recommendations coming

Hello Red Sap,

You may want to bookmark the following link:

http://www.cigarplaces.com/ (http://www.cigarplaces.com/)

If you place the name Indianappolis in the search box, it should reveal about eight places in the city for you to peruse. Hope that helps you:dance: