PDA

View Full Version : Things People Do That Amaze You

ahc4353
03-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I can't be the only one that sees this stuff so post it here.

Today while waiting on line at the local Mexican establishment (Taco Bell) the guy in front of me comes unglued that his food in a to go bag and his order was eat in. I mean this guy is pi$$ed yelling at the kid. Makes the poor kid take it out of the bag and put it on a tray!

I stand there in total shock. Wholly ch!t man it's Taco Bell take a f'in chill pill!!!

Amazing just amazing.

white_s2k
03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
When people spend 10 minutes yelling at me at the pharmacy counter about their $50 copay. Sir, we don't set your damn copays - go yell at your employer and insurance company for having a crappy insurance plan!!!!

Ok, I needed to get that out. :D

poker
03-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Seen a guy the other week at the local Smart & Final store. He was in front of me in line and all he had was a 1 gallon tub of vanilla ice cream. The guy wrote a check and handed it to the cashier. After a few minutes, the cashier hands him back the check & he walks off without the ice cream.
I ask her what was that all about. Seems his check for $3.27 wouldn't clear due to insufficient funds.
Amazing....

taltos
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM

Today while waiting on line at the local Mexican establishment (Taco Bell) the guy in front of me comes unglued that his food in a to go bag and his order was eat in. I mean this guy is pi$$ed yelling at the kid. Makes the poor kid take it out of the bag and put it on a tray!

I stand there in total shock. Wholly ch!t man it's Taco Bell take a f'in chill pill!!!

Amazing just amazing.Maybe seeing it in the bag made the customer think that the food came from the internet.:D

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
When people spend 10 minutes yelling at me at the pharmacy counter about their $50 copay. Sir, we don't set your damn copays - go yell at your employer and insurance company for having a crappy insurance plan!!!!

Ok, I needed to get that out. :D

Now I know where the drug hookup is at!

You should see how many times I get yelled at because it was MY fault that the citizen broke the law or it wasn't them it was the car behind them. At least once everyday that I work I hear an excuse and/or get yelled at.

shilala
03-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm just not amazed any more. :)
I do enjoy human watching, and I'm a great fan of the human condition.
I feel fortunate that the entertainment will never end. :D

Scottw
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe seeing it in the bag made the customer think that the food came from the internet.:D

THen you really can't blame him. Taco bell bought at the actual location is gourmet while the internet Taco Bells use piles of meat and lettuce from the floor that is not otherwise sent to the "B&M Taco Bells". I can see his point.

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 11:42 AM

You should see how many times I get yelled at because it was MY fault that the citizen broke the law or it wasn't them it was the car behind them. At least once everyday that I work I hear an excuse and/or get yelled at.

don't you have a speeder to pull over?:fu

14holestogie
03-12-2009, 11:42 AM

I've found that yelling at the officer always works wonders. :r

shilala
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM

I had to sit in revocation court a few months ago. I went as a character witness but never had to speak.
While I was there I got to hear a never-ending stream of stupidity that bordered on retardation. I thought "Dood, you've had months to craft a lie. Couldn't you at least have enough respect for the judge's intelligence to get some help making up your lie?"
Just when I thought I'd heard the worst lie I ever heard, the next knucklehead would step up and do one better. :D
How you guys stand it, I'll never know.

Mugen910
03-12-2009, 11:45 AM
People who to go a fast food joint and stare at the menu for 10min considering the fact that it really hasn't changed to much over the last few months.

People who biggie size/super size their combo meal and then ask for diet coke. :r

How about a National Guard soldier who is standing around for crowd control during the Boston Marathon and while I get to mile 16 by foot I hear him say to someone..."Man..I'm tired" :c

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I had to sit in revocation court a few months ago. I went as a character witness but never had to speak.
While I was there I got to hear a never-ending stream of stupidity that bordered on retardation. I thought "Dood, you've had months to craft a lie. Couldn't you at least have enough respect for the judge's intelligence to get some help making up your lie?"
Just when I thought I'd heard the worst lie I ever heard, the next knucklehead would step up and do one better. :D
How you guys stand it, I'll never know.

they go to school tolearn to lie :wo

as for the idiot at taco bell I would have taken my bag and sat at the table

JE3146
03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
People who to go a fast food joint and stare at the menu for 10min considering the fact that it really hasn't changed to much over the last few months.

People who biggie size/super size their combo meal and then ask for diet coke. :r

How about a National Guard soldier who is standing around for crowd control during the Boston Marathon and while I get to mile 16 by foot I hear him say to someone..."Man..I'm tired" :c

I take offense to that one.

Type 1 diabetic... not type 2. I like to put my carbs where it counts and that isn't in a regular soft drinks :r

So when I'm hungry... damn right I'll order a biggie size with a diet coke :r

:D

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Type 1 diabetic... not type 2. I like to put my carbs where it counts and that isn't in a regular soft drinks :r

try water :wo

JE3146
03-12-2009, 12:05 PM
try water :wo

Hush you :D

G G
I hate to go on a 911 call and the person is not in any distress at all and wants us to transport them anyhow because they "will get to see the doctor quicker if I go by ambulance". Matter of fact our other truck is on the way to a call right now where the chief complaint is irritation after swallowing approximately one mouthful of Pinesol.

Don Fernando

But I told the kid before I ordered that I wanted it on a plate, he should have listened :mad:

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
:( me go back in corner Hush you :D

Whee
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
oh my, where do I begin. Working in the tax business for 16 years, I have seen it all.

"No ma'am, we're not the IRS, we don;t set the rules."
"I'm sorry ma'am, your dog is not really a dependent."
"I'm sorry your husband is an a$$, but if you're married, you still have to file a joint return."

Been yelled at, threatened, had papers tossed at me. Broke my hand once after a client hung up on me because I'd had it.

Oh the stories I could tell over stogies and a gin & tonic...:r

ahc4353
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
oh my, where do I begin. Working in the tax business for 16 years, I have seen it all.

"No ma'am, we're not the IRS, we don;t set the rules."
"I'm sorry ma'am, your dog is not really a dependent."
"I'm sorry your husband is an a$$, but if you're married, you still have to file a joint return."

Been yelled at, threatened, had papers tossed at me. Broke my hand once after a client hung up on me because I'd had it.

Oh the stories I could tell over stogies and a gin & tonic...:r

Sapphire? :D

Whee
03-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Sapphire? :D

:tu in a martini with blue cheese stuffed olives...:dr

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I can get everything I need right here in Wally World and have a businessman's lunch today!!

s15driftking
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
when my employees yell and complain to me when their check doesn't arrive to there home "on time" or at all. Its not my problem that either;

A. the mail service screwed it up (in which case we overnight them a a replacement check once deemed "lost")

or

B. You didn't notify us that you changed your address & it did not take affect with the PO yet. so it went to your old address

landhoney
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
My line of consulting is not the most interesting, so I'll spare you all. But something I deal with almost daily is people not following simple instructions and not reading.
I know we live in an age of ridiculous warning labels, constant advertising, etc. so we tend to shut things out and not read them. But if you hire a consultant and they say 'please read this document', please read it. There is little excuse for seeing "please sign but do not date this document' and then mailing a signed form we will not be able to use. :bh

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM
People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found. :confused:

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you". :mad:

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers :bh

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
People who really think that shows like "The Hills" are reality TV, as in the people on the shows aren't actors but real teenagers who do nothing but party and drink and eat out all day everyday with nary a parent to be found. :confused:

When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you". :mad:

When high school aged kids in my area go to the mall with their children and show them off to their friends and you can hear them making comments like "Thats so cool"......No thats a kid....not cool, not a doll.... a real, living, breathing child. Or the fact that 15 year olds have baby showers :bh

hygiene is important ;)

s15driftking
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
And another thing that amazes me:

how people swallow swords!

J/K

In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I am never a big fan of people who like to honk in lines of cars from 10 cars back. If there is no where for the car in front of you to go, then why are you honking at them. Like in the drive-thru when people are in such a hurry they can't even wait until people get their change before everyone starts honking. What is the damn hurry? :mad:

hygiene is important ;)

So is abstinence and condoms :rolleyes:

s15driftking
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
When you hold the door for someone who has an arm full of boxes or anyone for that matter and there is no resemblence of a "thank you"

WOW, you have no idea how "on-point" you are with that one. NO IDEA!!! it kills me!!!

Mugen910
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
don't preach to me I'm not 15 or pregnant

Yet...:cb

Don Fernando
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
yeah Perry, when will you finally turn 15?

shilala
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
In all reality, I am amazed at people who think that its their deserved and entitled right to sit at a drive thru window and check the food bag as if there is no one waiting in line to move up and get their food. I mean come on, move it buddy! I hate the extent of entitlement some of these A$$holes feel that they are owed in this world. that pisses me off to no end.
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's. :)
You'd have to be delirious not to check your bag.
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. :tu hehehe

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Hehehehe
How many times have you gone to McDonald's and your food was wrong and you're missing your straw? If it's not happened, you should experience our McDonald's. :)
It surprises me to learn that my turn at the window is a lot less important than yours. If you're too busy to wait, go home and make a sammich. :tu hehehe

I'm with Scott they used to always and sometimes still do screw up our orders

Whee
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Hehehehe

This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.

ahc4353
03-12-2009, 12:47 PM
People who make wild a$$ claims with no backup data.:wo

:al

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 12:50 PM
People who make wild claims with no backup data.

My friends and I say you are wrong 100% of the time ;)

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 12:51 PM
This has happened so I often, I go in periodically and take a couple dozen straws from the drink station and keep them in the glove box.

where do you keep your gloves?

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
don't you have a speeder to pull over?:fu

No I'm currently a receptionist right now until the arm heals. :( And not it is not funny.

Whee
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
where do you keep your gloves?

:fu

pnoon
03-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Hehehehe

No kidding. The one's who are behind me and can't wait the extra 15-20 seconds are the a-holes.

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I hate to go on a 911 call and the person is not in any distress at all and wants us to transport them anyhow because they "will get to see the doctor quicker if I go by ambulance". Matter of fact our other truck is on the way to a call right now where the chief complaint is irritation after swallowing approximately one mouthful of Pinesol.

I've personally had to deliver the message that, "Your misuse of 911 can land you in jail, 911 is for emergencies only, you call again and I'll send up charges" One lady in particular...my foot hurts I want a ride to the hospital. Mind you it was hurting and she didn't break or hit it on anything. Ring Ring 911 what is your emergency. I want a ride to the hospital. Ma'am this is 911. Go to house, remind lady of 911 use and leave. Not two minutes later same thing. This time I go to house she asks me to take her to hospital. I pull out my favorite one liner. I only give rides one way and that's to jail, if you'd like to go hop in the backseat". :r Somehow she was mad at me but found a ride to the hospital.

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Hehehehe

Sorry Scott that was my fault. When I was a mischievous juvenile I used to order water and water only as long as there was a car in front and behind me I would get the car behinds food. Only worked a few times then they actually rung up water on the order screen. I know flame away. Mind you now I don't go through at all as I'm scared of the spit in the food while in uniform.

Smoking Dragon
03-12-2009, 01:09 PM
My friends and I say you are wrong 100% of the time ;)

Only on Mondays :fu

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry Scott that was my fault. When I was a mischievous juvenile I used to order water and water only as long as there was a car in front and behind me I would get the car behinds food. Only worked a few times then they actually rung up water on the order screen. I know flame away. Mind you now I don't go through at all as I'm scared of the spit in the food while in uniform.

"Double Bac-o cheeseburger, its for a cop" :tu

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCriGk0POpg&feature=related

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
"Double Bac-o cheeseburger, its for a cop" :tu

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCriGk0POpg&feature=related

:r You just made my day better Adam :tu

shilala
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Mind you now I don't go through at all as I'm scared of the spit in the food while in uniform.
Funny how it all evens out, eh? :r

shilala
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
:r You just made my day better Adam :tu
Did you never see Super Troopers? If not, I'm gonna have to make an emergency shipment. :)

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Funny how it all evens out, eh? :r

Oh I'm sure we've all eaten spit and nasty hair at one time or another so I don't feel too bad. It does make me want to :pu thinking about it though.

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Did you never see Super Troopers? If not, I'm gonna have to make an emergency shipment. :)

Oh no I have a copy I just needed a laugh. "You boys like Mexico! Woohoo"

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM

I find it to be a pretty decent account of what real police work must be like, or atleast how I think it should be. :tu

ahc4353
03-12-2009, 01:24 PM
No I'm currently a receptionist right now until the arm heals. :( And not it is not funny.

If the vultures here stay away from this post I will be amazed! :hf

G G
03-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I've personally had to deliver the message that, "Your misuse of 911 can land you in jail, 911 is for emergencies only, you call again and I'll send up charges" One lady in particular...my foot hurts I want a ride to the hospital. Mind you it was hurting and she didn't break or hit it on anything. Ring Ring 911 what is your emergency. I want a ride to the hospital. Ma'am this is 911. Go to house, remind lady of 911 use and leave. Not two minutes later same thing. This time I go to house she asks me to take her to hospital. I pull out my favorite one liner. I only give rides one way and that's to jail, if you'd like to go hop in the backseat". :r Somehow she was mad at me but found a ride to the hospital.
Good job Andrew.

landhoney
03-12-2009, 01:29 PM

If the vultures here stay away from this post I will be amazed! :hf

You mean the typographical error, I know I hate that. ;):D

14holestogie
03-12-2009, 01:32 PM
People who make wild a$$ claims with no backup data.:wo

:al

Some old guy was complaining earlier about dragging an un-named person into THEIR threads. Don't piss that old guy off. No telling what he may do.

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I find it to be a pretty decent account of what real police work must be like, or atleast how I think it should be. :tu

I wish it was that fun. 98% boring but that 2% of the time oh boy that's what I live for. I'm sure GregG can attest to this.

DPD6030
03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
I got tons of stories I could tell!

First week at my new dept. get a call of two b/f's in a car that had a gun. Saw the car, turned around, stopped them. Pulled gun out and ordered out of the car, detained them, no gun, oh well, the driver had no driver's license so she went to jail. Then they file a complaint on me for pulling my gun on them. Idiots.

Or how about the idiot who ran from me on a motorcycle at 120 mph with a passenger on the back that was 13 years old! Found that out afterwords that the passenger was the magistrates daughter! :jd The operator got 6 months in jail. The funny part is while he was in jail his cycle got repossessed since he could not make the payments!

And last but certainly not least. I was breaking up a fight outside the bar. This woman punched a guy in the face right in front of me after I annouced that I was the police and to stop fighting. Took her to the ground. Started to place handcuffs on her and got blindsided by a drunk patron that had come out to see what the fight was about. Clocked me in my jaw. Dropped the girl ran inside after the guy who just committed a felony by hitting me and grabbed him. Beer bottles flying off the bar and my backup comes screaming in and tries to taze the guy just as he's about to hit me again. One hits and one misses so we pile drive the guy into and off of the pool table to the ground. Search him and find green leaf. Ha, now two charges. A-hole. Then his brilliant defense attorny asks me to lower his charge to a misdemeanor because his client wants to go to college and get a job. I said well I'll lower it from a 4 year felony to a 2 year felony but not to a misdemeanor. Attorney said my client was drunk he didn't know you were a cop. I called :bs and told him that I was in full uniform in a clearly marked police vehicle that was parked out front with the lights on. Idiot.

D_A
03-12-2009, 01:49 PM
No kidding. The one's who are behind me and can't wait the extra 15-20 seconds are the a-holes.
Sad thing is that half of those a-holes that were impatient while you were checking your order will sit there and do the same thing when they're handed their bag at the window.

poker
03-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Things People Do That Amaze You....

Become a moderator on a open forum and a whole new door of crazy opens up :r

s15driftking
03-12-2009, 02:29 PM

"Hey now, move it bub!" (that's what i say with a stern fist wave) :D:D:D

http://frederictonultimate.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fist-shake.jpg

ahc4353
03-12-2009, 02:31 PM
I heard about this guy who bought a bunch of forums and tried to mash them into one big one and make everyone the same with a ton of advertising everywhere. Then got pi$$ed when people voiced their displeasure! I heard that was pretty amazing.

Lucky_Hippo
03-12-2009, 02:55 PM
The Mexico emmigration lady "amazed" me and my wife last week.

She "amazed" me when she ripped my passport cover in front of my eyes and then proceeded to tell me it was invalid because it was now mutilated. Her manager then "amazed" me even more when I asked to speak with him and he proceeded to rip several more pages before telling me He'd "let me go on if I gave him a secret favor of 200 dollars American."

Yep, they amazed me so much I nearly sh*t my pants. Let's just say the wife and I are very happy to be home, and even more satisfied to enjoy the views stateside from now on.

It was an award celebration trip for her sales figures. Next year we'll take the money. ;)

piperman
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM

maybe they are diabetic, :confused:

landhoney
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
The Mexico emmigration lady "amazed" me and my wife last week.

She "amazed" me when she ripped my passport cover in front of my eyes and then proceeded to tell me it was invalid because it was now mutilated. Her manager then "amazed" me even more when I asked to speak with him and he proceeded to rip several more pages before telling me He'd "let me go on if I gave him a secret favor of 200 dollars American."

Yep, they amazed me so much I nearly sh*t my pants. Let's just say the wife and I are very happy to be home, and even more satisfied to enjoy the views stateside from now on.

It was an award celebration trip for her sales figures. Next year we'll take the money. ;)

This is a whole 'nother level. Scary-crazy stuff. (no smiley really fits here)
Was this going in or coming out? I forget the process and who checks who into and out of the US.

Don Fernando
03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
people who place bombs and plan terrorist attacks out of religious motives.

Amsterdam escaped a terrorist attack today, a certain area of the city has been evacuated this morning and several arrest have been made. It has to be very serious before the Dutch government decided to clear an area. Among the people (all muslims with Maroccan roots) is a family member of one of the Madrid terrorists. It seems pretty serious and I am pretty shocked.

Lucky_Hippo
03-12-2009, 07:06 PM
This is a whole 'nother level. Scary-crazy stuff. (no smiley really fits here)
Was this going in or coming out? I forget the process and who checks who into and out of the US.

It was going in. When you land, the first place you pass through is Mexican emmigration. When you reenter the United States, you pass through US emmigration followed by US customs. Her company took pictures of my passport to keep a paper trail and offered to pay us back. A very nice jesture, but of course money was the last thing on our minds at the time. We just wanted to get home safe.

Advise for those who travel: My wife made photo copies of our passports the day before we left so we had direct proof of before and after the incident on hand. I'd suggest doing this and also leaving a copy with family, just in case.

G G
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Well some cigars then Scott?:tu

pearson
03-12-2009, 07:46 PM
When I bid a job, then my dick ass service advisor sells the parts but not the labor. so far he has cost me 7 hours this week. I just dont know what the hell he is thinking.

chippewastud79
03-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Tonight I was trying to parallel park my car, clearly slowing down, with my turn signal on, when I come to a stop and put it in reverse I notice a young female driver had pulled right up on my bumper. The car behind her had stopped far enough back to let her back out of the way and let me quick pull in and park, but instead she waits until the next lane was open and then proceeds to honk at me and quick swing around me giving me a dirty look. I guess brake lights and the turn signal weren't enough warning for her :bh

JE3146
03-12-2009, 09:12 PM
maybe they are diabetic, :confused:

See... he gets it BAO!

Mugen910
03-12-2009, 09:15 PM
See... he gets it BAO!

Shut up Jordan...:fu

RevSmoke
03-12-2009, 10:15 PM
People that speak of unthawing some meat from their freezer for dinner.

WHAT???

Yes, that is what many people say around here.

They unthaw all sorts of things. It is comical.

SmokeyJoe
03-12-2009, 10:31 PM
In a little different sense...

What amazes me is people who will generously send cigars to people they have never met...

People who demonstrate genuine concern for folks they only know by a screen name and avatar...

People who selflessly support our troops with reminders of home while they serve so far away...

These are the kind of things that truly amaze me. :tu

Opusfxd
03-12-2009, 10:38 PM

What amazes me is people who will generously send cigars to people they have never met...

People who demonstrate genuine concern for folks they only know by a screen name and avatar...

People who selflessly support our troops with reminders of home while they serve so far away...

Now that is truly amazing. :tu

Genetic Defect
03-12-2009, 10:45 PM
:r hand slip off again?
:fu
strawbox

15-20 secs in your prime gramps ;)

ahc4353
03-13-2009, 05:36 AM

Thanks Joe, for reminding us that great things can be amazing as well. :tu

s15driftking
03-13-2009, 06:21 AM

WHAT???

Genius!!

Additionally, I hear people who go (or need to go) to our employee "orientations" refer to the class incorrectly.

They speak about the class afterwards/before and note it as "i have to orientate" or "now that i am orientated"...

Bothers me!

Commander Quan
03-13-2009, 07:02 AM
People that have absolutely no idea where they are in relation to their surroundings.

Like the people who push a shopping cart down the middle of the path in a parking lot and then are totally surprised to see a car behind them when you pull up behind them.

Mugen910
03-13-2009, 07:19 AM

Strange..
I don't see that as amazing...I see it more as the purest of the human spirit where we believe in our little community. :tu

Scottw
03-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Strange..
I don't see that as amazing...I see it more as the purest of the human spirit where we believe in our little community. :tu

:tpd:Well put Stewie, I mean Bao!

What about when people get out of the shower to pee?

shilala
03-13-2009, 08:32 AM

WHAT???

Everyone has hot water heaters here in PA.
Being as they're cold water heaters, or hot water tanks, or water heaters, I suppose it's just a mishmosh of all those things they hammered together.
If you like unthawing stuff, rev, you'd love George Carlin's skit about getting on a plane.
He says, "I'll get IN the plane. Let Evil Knievel get ON the plane." :r

GTsetGO
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
I always love it when people complain about cops doing their jobs.

"WTF man, i just got a ticket for doing 61 in a 35, F'in pigs have nothing better to do than give out BS speeding tickets."

gnukfu
03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
I was amazed that Lisa said "Yes" when I proposed....:dance:

RevSmoke
03-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Strange..

Actually, the purest of the human spirit is in the daily acts in which people show how inconsiderate they are of others and how self-absorbed, selfish, and looking out for #1 one they are.

Those who look out for others and are bound up in a community, are those who have risen (been raised) above the natural inclination to selfishness.

RevSmoke
03-13-2009, 10:06 AM
I always love it when people complain about cops doing their jobs.

"WTF man, i just got a ticket for doing 61 in a 35, F'in pigs have nothing better to do than give out BS speeding tickets."

And those kind of people are like the one who killed my first friend to die (age 5) who was struch by a car doing 80 in a 25 zone while riding his bike, and quipped to the officer, "It's not my fault, I didn't see him."

Willygt
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Hehehehe

My god I hate that!

Me and my SO once bought some meals to go since we were going out of town to the desert, just to spend some time outside the city. When we arrived I opened my burger, and guess what, it was missing the meat....:mad:

man, Ihad to eat a lettuce sandwich with fries....

there has not been 1 time at the local mcdonalds that we had a perfect order...

Drat
03-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Tonight I was trying to parallel park my car, clearly slowing down, with my turn signal on, when I come to a stop and put it in reverse I notice a young female driver had pulled right up on my bumper. The car behind her had stopped far enough back to let her back out of the way and let me quick pull in and park, but instead she waits until the next lane was open and then proceeds to honk at me and quick swing around me giving me a dirty look. I guess brake lights and the turn signal weren't enough warning for her :bh

I swear, you must live in my neighborhood...

What about when people get out of the shower to pee?
:r:r:r

I'm surprised this hasn't become more of a bad driver bashing thread.

I could write for hours about stupid things people do that amaze me, but it's the random acts of kindness and selflessness that actually amaze me more. We get bombarded with news about so many stupid, selfish people every minute of every day (the latest that really made me sad was the guy who proposed to his 17 year old girlfriend at Chilis just a few weeks after his 5 year old daughter disappeared, WTF?) that I often forget that there are good people out there...

Whee
03-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Saw one today....

At my local fast food morning stop...(cough cough Mickey D's cough cough) I was waiting in line at the drive thru during change over. This is where they change from breakfast to lunch and service times generally slow down. I live that. 12 minutes in line yesterday, but I digress.

Today, a car whips out from behind me and pulls alongside another car in line. They proceed to have a conversation, while the second car is at the speaker!! 4 minutes, a couple of hinks and an FU, she finally pulled away so the guy could place his order.

Uh, hello? ever heard of a cell phone?:r

Kreth
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
The 40 year-old manager of one of our local Mickey D's recently won the Ray Kroc award for managerial excellence. His quote in the paper: "I can say I did it, I reached the top."
Dude, your primary competition was teen-agers, and it's an award from fricking McDonald's, not a Nobel prize! :r

DPD6030
03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
How about the guy who called to say his $20 was stolen. Went over and spoke with him in front of a known crack house. I was like dude, you were trying to buy crack. The guy was like no I wasn't. Once again had to remind him that I didn't grow up yesterday ;) Low and behold he was trying to buy crack! I told him he had two choices...go home or go to jail. Reminds me on Indiana Jones..."he chose wisely". I haven't seen him since.

MajorCaptSilly
03-13-2009, 12:09 PM
I work as a consultant for an IT company. We recently got a new connector to our CRM software for our Smart Phones. I was the only consultant in my office that installed the very easy to install software myself. The others had our technicians do it for them. I had quite a few techs come to me and ask how these guys are selling our technology services when they can't even use a cell phone.

MCS

MajorCaptSilly
03-13-2009, 12:12 PM
The 40 year-old manager of one of our local Mickey D's recently won the Ray Kroc award for managerial excellence. His quote in the paper: "I can say I did it, I reached the top."
Dude, your primary competition was teen-agers, and it's an award from fricking McDonald's, not a Nobel prize! :r

I can say from experience as a former retaurant manager that it is not an easy job. It's especially not easy to do it well. I applaud anyone who does a job and does it well no matter what line of work they're in. Were not all Nobel Prize winners.

MCS

Drat
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
I work as a consultant for an IT company. We recently got a new connector to our CRM software for our Smart Phones. I was the only consultant in my office that installed the very easy to install software myself. The others had our technicians do it for them. I had quite a few techs come to me and ask how these guys are selling our technology services when they can't even use a cell phone.

MCS

As a desktop support analyst in a former life, I was dumbfounded by an employee who called me in to ask this question: "how do you capitalize a letter?"

cbsmokin
03-13-2009, 12:47 PM
This is a rant of sorts, skip if you please. :tu

I close home loans. Borrowers do a lot of dumb stuff. First they act like they are reading the documents when they are not. I know where all the fine print is that will scare you. They never ask questions about that stuff, instead they ask about all the stuff in big bold letters. Really? It took you 17 minutes to read a page just to ask me about the bold print at the top?

Next is the guy who puts his pen down after every page. Hey dummy your gonna sign your name about 86 times, do you think you can keep the pen in your hand for a minute? Nah, lets play the pick up sticks game instead.

This one bothers me the most. Burping. I mean come on, you are sitting with an attorney conducting the largest financial transaction of your life and you are gonna start burping? Please, my 5 year knows better than to burp in public and you do it at the closing table? Really? Give me a break! Then they act like it is OK because they say "oh, excuse me." What it snuck up on you?

AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Back to your regular programming.

Don Fernando
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
As a desktop support analyst in a former life, I was dumbfounded by an employee who called me in to ask this question: "how do you capitalize a letter?"

how about "can I email to people abroad, and is it more expensive then emailing people short distance?". I got dumb questions like that when I worked at a helpdesk.

ahc4353
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
One for the good guy (guys) column.

When someone finds out your in town and posts a thread to gather the locals for a night out of cigars, food and drink for a guy he has never even met. Then provides the smokes for the evening. And another one picks up the tab and another one makes sure you have a cigar in your hand when you leave. Then a day or so later when you ask if you can stop buy to say thank you he makes sure you have a cigar in your hand for the ride back to the hotel and his business partner makes sure you have a fiver in your hand for the long ride home.

Amazing? I lived it.

GTsetGO
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM
And those kind of people are like the one who killed my first friend to die (age 5) who was struch by a car doing 80 in a 25 zone while riding his bike, and quipped to the officer, "It's not my fault, I didn't see him."

i see it all the time. I run a mustang site and I am amazed at how many threads are started for this very reason.

i always post a pic of Jim Cary in Liar Liar where he is Saying, "Quit breaking the law @sshole." :D

ahc4353
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
Boxes arrive at your door with fantastic cigars, humidors and top shelf booze. All from people that don't want to be known.

WildBlueSooner
03-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Boxes arrive at your door with fantastic cigars, humidors and top shelf booze. All from people that don't want to be known.

:r:r