PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate, Coffee, Peppery Wonder?

spincycle
10-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Hello fellow crazies (still trying to find a term that works well at the Asylum)

I smoked once, a cigar which had tons of chocolately, coffeey, (look as a make up words) peppery, flavours. But it was rolled at a tiny shop in the Dominican, which doesn't ship off the island, nor speaks much English. :(

What is your pick NC or CC for a cigar with a similar flavour profile. The closest thing I've found is a Taboo Twist. Any other suggestions?

spin

BC-Axeman
10-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Gurkha G3
RP Decade
Ashton San Cristobal

GreySmoke
10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
GrayCliff Double Espresso!!!:dr

smokepiper
10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I've been into a small brand from Tampa calles La Herencia de Cuba. The White label fits your profile on my palate. Check out www.ramirezcigars.com (http://www.ramirezcigars.com)

They're one of my favorites these days.

D

rizzle
10-16-2008, 01:33 PM
La Gloria Cubana Serie R and CAO Brazilia fits that profile to me.

I've been wanting to try the La Herencia de Cuba. I'm glad you mentioned them and I thought the white label looked appealing. Have you tried the other labels?

BlackDog
10-16-2008, 01:35 PM
The closest thing I've found is a Taboo Twist. Any other suggestions?

Spin, try the new Taboo Dominican Maduro (http://www.taboocigars.com/category.sc?categoryId=53). It will blow your socks off with the chocolate & coffee flavors.

smokepiper
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
I've had the yellow and black. The black was a nice little breakfast cigar. I had the mareva. The yellow is a good kicking around cigar. Sometimes they seem like they can use a bit of aging. They are after all rolled and sold. They're never around long enough to age.

I'm almost out of the yellows. I've been smoking about one a day. I wonder how they would age.:rolleyes:

You should give em a try.

PM me your addy and I'll see if I can put together a sampler.

D

Tio Gato
10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I've been wanting to try the La Herencia de Cuba. I'm glad you mentioned them and I thought the white label looked appealing. Have you tried the other labels?

I love the yellow label they make.

A cheap cigar that I like for that choco-coffee flavor are the El Mejor Espresso from CI. A fiver from C-bid is a good cheap introduction.

Domer
10-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Another cheap cigar that I think matches this profile is the Tampa Sweetheart Maduro #50 or 500. Maybe not as much pepper, but I think they are pretty great for a little over a dollar a cigar.

Scottw
10-16-2008, 01:56 PM
RP Decade
El Centurion by Pepin Garcia
Pepin Blue generoso.

spincycle
10-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I've had the yellow and black. The black was a nice little breakfast cigar. I had the mareva. The yellow is a good kicking around cigar. Sometimes they seem like they can use a bit of aging. They are after all rolled and sold. They're never around long enough to age.

I'm almost out of the yellows. I've been smoking about one a day. I wonder how they would age.:rolleyes:

You should give em a try.

PM me your addy and I'll see if I can put together a sampler.

D

Thanks for the super kind offer Mr. Smokepiper, but I am already in debt to the PIF gods. I need to bomb out some cigars myself before so that there is balance with my cigar chi. ;)

Don't suppose any Canadian have order from these folks?

spincycle
10-16-2008, 03:10 PM
A few suggestions for the DP Decade. Great smoke, but I've had two now with construction problems. The wrappers just come undone in the last 3rd. So for the primo price, I end up looking else where.

The Taboo Dominican Maduro is def going to be on my next Taboo order. Great reviews and price. ;)

I have a few of the Pepin's and a CAO Brazilia suggested here in my humi, but haven't tried them yet. Maybe I'll burn one tonight!

Can't get any CI cigars here in the Great White North. :(

And finally I've never had any GrayCliff's or Ashton San Cristobal's. Those have been added to the watch list!

Thanks for the suggestions folks!