PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Stinky and Stinky ash trays

DPD6030
03-11-2009, 09:47 AM
I just got off the phone with Stinky from Stinky ashtrays. My issue was that I ordered two stinkys and one was missing the bottom base cup. Apparetnly where they are made they have no quality control and Stinky and his boys sort through when a shipment (8,000) ashtrays come in and sort the pile for defects. Missing a few is to be expected. After a 32 minute conversation on the topic of quality control and cigars Stinky is replacing an a brand new ashtray that was missing the bottom base cup. :tu Orginally he was going to send me a whole new ashtray and I would send the other one back. Well after talking for some time he said you know what, what if I sent you a cigar stand and base with some screws to attach the ashtray. I was amazed by this and could not provide enough thanks to him. :wo It was a pleasure of talking with him and I will remain a loyal customer to stinky ashtrays. Oh and did I mention today was his day off and he's going to the warehouse to ship this out today! What a class act BOTL. :tu

SmokeyJoe
03-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Always glad to see testimonials of good customer service... it does still exist! :ss

Seems like there is more of it associated with BOTLs than in any other arena. Does that say anything about the folks who enjoy this little hobby of ours? :tu

Smokin Gator
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for sharing the story... that sure did turn out sweet!!

dunng
03-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Stinky is a class act! :tu

King James
03-11-2009, 10:45 AM
nice job to the stinky guys! I've had mine for a couple years and love it

SmokinCozy
03-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I was just thinking last week "Cozy, you need a Stinky", Now you reminded me to go check them out

SmoknTaz
03-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I got my Stinky (http://www.stinkycigar.com/) last year and the customer service was EXCELLENT !!! Great communication and arrangements were made to ship it up north without any hassles.

If you are thinking about getting a Stinky (http://www.stinkycigar.com/), check out the site and support an awesome botl! :tu

68TriShield
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
The rest of the world could learn a lot from vendors like this and Cigarmony and Cigar Caddy....

alley00p
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I have to add to Andrew's story...

I decided to buy 2 Stinkys through the group buy, one table unit and one floor model. I received the table model on the 3rd day after placing the order, but the floor model hadn't arrived after a week and a half.

I shot a quick email to Stinky with the order number, telling him that I was worried that it had gotten lost in shipping. Within a few hours, he had returned the email, saying that he couln't find a record of the unit being shipped. He said he was going in to get one prepped for shipping that afternoon, and 2 days later, it arrived Fed-Ex.

Now, I expect problems to crop up with online sales once in a while, but it's the companys like Stinky's that shine above all the others with the quality of their sterling customer service!!!

:tu :tu :tu

:dance:

Whee
03-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Always glad to see testimonials of good customer service... it does still exist! :ss

Seems like there is more of it associated with BOTLs than in any other arena. Does that say anything about the folks who enjoy this little hobby of ours? :tu

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. I order lots of stuff online, but anything cigar/pipe related always has the best, hassle free customer service of any other retailers out there.

hova45
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Same Here i love my stinkys.......;)lol

Nabinger16
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
I love my stinky, although it had a little bought with gravity and it's now a three finger stinky. One of these days I'll have to get around to fixing it.

Waynegro1
03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Stinky is the MAN. I have two and love them. Thanks for the story!!

WildBlueSooner
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Sweet deal! I will be getting a stinky soon!

G G
03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Cool story Andrew.

Bomb Andrew he now has somewhere to put the ashes.

MithShrike
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting Stinky a little while back at Habanos Torres. Great guy.

ucla695
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I love my Stinky and stories like this about great customer service will keep me coming back. :tu

Sailchaser
03-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Andrew has a stinky time for a herf :D