PDA

View Full Version : RYO...with Pipe Tobacco?

Emjaysmash
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I've never tried RYO so I dont exactly know the physics behind it or the cost, but I wondered of an interesting way to smoke for the short time between classes. Yes, I could buy cigarillos or minature cigars, but this can add up a bit, plus RYO sounds more fun. Yes, I could try to find a small pipe to msoke out of, but once again, IMHO-not as fun.
So, for those of you who might be experience with RYO...how would this work? I assume its possible to RYO with Pipe Tobacco, but is it a good idea?
-MJ

Snake Hips
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
One of the guys at my B&M did this once. He actually liked it, so it might be fun to give it a try.

robertw1249
03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
if your going to try it you better stock up on it befor april 1 with the new tax its going up all most 25.00 dollars a pound that is just the new fed tax

ghostrider
03-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I've done this in the past. If nothing else, just as a quick way of sampling the tobacco before commiting to a large batch of it. Just a warning though, not like commercial cigarettes, you do have to keep puffing on it to keep it lit, just like you would in a pipe.

DrDubzz
03-10-2009, 08:27 PM
a black and mild is a pipe tobacco cigar... all you need is a wrapper and some little mouth pieces :D

MithShrike
03-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I've been using Squadron Leader as RYO tobacco for quite some time. Maybe once every two weeks in the morning before work I'll spark one up. It tastes much better than commercial cigarettes that's for sure.

Emjaysmash
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Any recommendations on papers that wont ruin the flavor of the tobacco?

Emjaysmash
03-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Papers? any suggestions?

RevSmoke
03-17-2009, 11:43 AM
To RYO w/pipe tobacco, you has best let it dry out a bit, especially if you are thinkin of using some of they stuff you got last night. It is easy to do, spread it out and let it air dry for a bit. I have also found that cutting up with a sharp knife into smaller pieces makes for an easier roll.

As for papers, what's available at Boss's for cheap? And an inexpensive roller is a good investment. If you get the roller, make sure you get papers that are as wide as the roller.

Pat1075
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I roll my own cigarettes and personally like a paper called abadie it comes in a stupid looking pink pack but has no paper flavor and is easy to hand roll with. as to tobacco try fine cut #4 (strong german stuff) or sagamore platinum (pure gold virginian, very light). If you want to go the pipe tobac route with ryo definitely buy a roller and just go with what you like.