PDA

View Full Version : Humidity Beads Question

BamBam
03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Is it okay to mix Cigarmony and Heartfelt 65% humidity beads????

coreyb
03-09-2009, 05:45 PM
I think I would bag them seperate just in case.

WildBlueSooner
03-09-2009, 05:47 PM

:tpd:

JJG
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM

in case of what specifically? just asking b/c I've always used PG gel but I was getting ready to make the switch to beads. I know nothing of their care and maintenance.

WildBlueSooner
03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I for one would keep them separate just because they are different brands and may require additional water at different times. Plus I keep mine in several smaller bags throughout my humi just to even out the moisture.

pnoon
03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I see no logical reason to keep them separate.
:2

taltos
03-10-2009, 03:12 AM
I have been mixing them for a couple of years with no ill effects. Just make sure that all beads are rated at the same humidity.

N2Advnture
03-10-2009, 04:29 AM
It's perfectly fine to mix them as long as they are of the same RH prescription (65% beads w/ 65% beads, 70% beads w/ 70% beads).

To my knowledge, we still use the same manufacturer.

I hope this helps

~Mark

themoneycollector
03-10-2009, 07:07 AM
It's perfectly fine to mix them as long as they are of the same RH prescription (65% beads w/ 65% beads, 70% beads w/ 70% beads).

I hope this helps

~Mark

There you go, straight from the source.

I would try to avoid mixing different bead brands, but I don't have a good reason other than I feel like it messes with the order I have in my setup.

BamBam
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Your opinion counts for a lot Peter, thanks
I have been mixing them for a couple of years with no ill effects. Just make sure that all beads are rated at the same humidity.
Thank you I was hoping for someone to respond who had done this with no ill effects...even if you are a Masshole

I hope this helps

~Mark
Thanks Mark it really does help. I went to your site and didn't see any beads. Figured you either stopped sellin em or just were sold out.

I would try to avoid mixing different bead brands, but I don't have a good reason other than I feel like it messes with the order I have in my setup.
I'm the same way Bro...I believe the word is anal retentive ;)

WildBlueSooner
03-10-2009, 11:32 AM

:tpd:

coreyb
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM

I have read different manufacturers calling for different methods of humidifying the beads. Since its the same manufacturer no worries.