PDA

View Full Version : My dog makes me laugh

RevSmoke
03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Why?

Well, she is a bright dog - part black lab and part shepherd. She is obedient and amazingly friendly.

But...
With fresh water in the bowl, she never fails to find water somewhere else.
In the winter, she eats snow. She won't drink from her bowl, but she rings her bells (we have some jingle bells hanging near the back door that she slaps with her nose or paw to go outside), goes out and eats snow and then stands by the back door waiting to come in.
When there is no snow, she drinks out of the toilet bowl.

As smart as she is, I cannot understand this ridiculous behavior.

TripleF
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Kids these days....

oh, you were talking about your dog. ;)

14holestogie
03-09-2009, 09:44 AM
You're not getting the water for her bowl off the internet, are you?

:D

cle_smoker
03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Try throwing some ice cubes in her bowl with the water. My chocolate lab only likes water that is cold. Snow, toilet water, ice cubes from my drinks, as long as it is cold.

shilala
03-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I quit giving my cat a water bowl a long time ago because he refuses to touch it.
The toilet is his domain.
He drinks from the bowl and hunts birds from the window while sitting on the tank.
I suppose it's convenient.

mosesbotbol
03-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Try throwing some ice cubes in her bowl with the water. My chocolate lab only likes water that is cold. Snow, toilet water, ice cubes from my drinks, as long as it is cold.

I do that too, but Camber drinks it either way. Perhaps a bigger dog bowl on any elevated one may fare better?

yellowgoat
03-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I use one of them huge metal mixing bowls for my dog. Never got a complaint! :D
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/maidenfortheheart/creamsilvermixingbowl.jpg

Don Fernando
03-09-2009, 10:13 AM
maybe the dog doesn't like the bowl.

ucla695
03-09-2009, 10:20 AM
I hope he's not eating yellow snow. :r :dance:

cle_smoker
03-09-2009, 10:24 AM
I use one of them huge metal mixing bowls for my dog. Never got a complaint! :D
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn320/maidenfortheheart/creamsilvermixingbowl.jpg

We got him a metal bowl for water once when he was younger. He went to take a drink, saw his reflection and that was the end of that. :r

mrreindeer
03-09-2009, 10:34 AM
When there is no snow, she drinks out of the toilet bowl.

As smart as she is, I cannot understand this ridiculous behavior.

Uh, what's wrong with that? I do it all the time.... http://midpacsolutions.com/emoticons/leaving.gif

I hope he's not eating yellow snow. :r :dance:

I bet he's makin' some!

One of our 2 cats drinks water like it's the finest champagne. She can't get enough of the stuff. We have a water bowl on the floor and when she's had enough, she'll move to the cup or glass on the counter. She'll sit on the barstool and put her front paws on the edge and shove her face deep in a glass or mug until there's nothing left.

karmaz00
03-09-2009, 10:39 AM
dude your not alone....my stupid cat wont drink water from her bowl, but will only drink it away from her food, and in a little shrek kids bowl....so weird, i have tried everything...and as soon as i put the water into the shrek bowl she goes crazy...:)

shilala
03-09-2009, 10:59 AM
My old lab, Buddy, would come from miles away when he heard the ice maker in the fridge. He'd lay down in front of the fridge and have his ice cubes.
We always dumped ice cubes in his water dish outside, too.

Darrell
03-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I quit giving my cat a water bowl a long time ago because he refuses to touch it.
The toilet is his domain.
He drinks from the bowl and hunts birds from the window while sitting on the tank.
I suppose it's convenient.

Last time I saw my cat messing around in the toilet, I pushed him in.

He has not went back since. :r

shilala
03-09-2009, 11:07 AM

My cat could care less. I tried to cure him by sending him diving so many times that it wasn't even fun anymore.
Ben cat is more like a dog. Follows me around all the time and helps me do whatever I'm doing. I looked around for him just now and he must be on lunch break.

G G
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
My chihuahua has one of those automatic water thingys from walmart. when he drinks from it and the water glugs to fill back up it scares him and he quickly backs up a few steps. He has had that thing for 2 years and still it scares him.

Jbailey
03-09-2009, 12:48 PM
My chihuahua has one of those automatic water thingys from walmart. when he drinks from it and the water glugs to fill back up it scares him and he quickly backs up a few steps. He has had that thing for 2 years and still it scares him.

priceless. Love crazy pets!

WyGuy
03-09-2009, 01:13 PM

haha, I would love to see that!

My dog also loved it when I put ice cubes in her bowl.

nozero
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I love dogs!

Our son's Boxer will drink from the toilet, so we keep the lids down all the time in case he visits.

Our female Chow/Lab mix Zoe, prefers the water that is in the bowl outside to what's in the bowl in the kitchen or the one in her kennel.

Our male (similar mix), prefers to drink Zoe's kennel water. I think he's got the survival instinct... "I'll drink hers and save mine for later".

They both love ice cubes too! If they hear one of us getting ice, they're in there in a flash begging.

I love dogs!
:tu