PDA

View Full Version : Nicotine wimp or superman

Nick
03-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't seem to get a nicotine buzz from anything unless it's a gawith rope and even that is very slight. The only tobacco I get a buzz off of is if I dip some copenhagen. People talk about a buzz from HOTW or FVF and I just can't see it, what is your experience with getting that buzz from pipe tobacco. Are you a wimp or superman?

TheJ
03-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I started the pipe to ween off of cigarettes. It has helped reduce the number I smoke, but after a nice long bowl I still light a cigarette immediately afterwards for the missing nicotine. I've yet to get any type of buzz from pipe tobacco.

Starscream
03-07-2009, 03:59 PM
None from the limited experience that I have had w/ pipe tobacco.

WWhermit
03-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a wimp. I've gotten very lightheaded from pipe tobacco, to the point of nausea on one occasion.

I used to smoke 2 packs of cigarettes a day, many many moons ago, but have since lost all my tolerance for nicotine.

Tis a shame, too. Sometimes I just don't want the bowl to end, or would like anothe immediately afterwards, but my stomach wouldn't handle it. :(

WWhermit
:pi:

Professor Mike
03-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I get a little bit of a buzz from Irsh Flake,but not much.

Mike:wo

Spearl
03-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Hahahaha. I get a buzz from just about everything!! Of course I had quit smoking for 25 years before picking up the pipe again last month... Go figure!

BigFrank
03-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I dip and smoke cigars a few times a week. So I guess I am a superman, the nicotine from my piping isnt enough to give me a buzz.

G G
03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Haven't smoked a pipe much, but have been dipping smokeless tobacco for 20+ years. I don't get the nic buzz from the stronger cigars though, smoked a LFD chisel the other day and it was very good, but didn't give me no rush or anything.

dogsplayinpoker
03-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I get a little bit of a buzz from Irsh Flake,but not much.

Mike:wo

Me too, as well as 1792 and Bowlegged Bear.

Slow Triathlete
03-09-2009, 08:16 AM
The only thing that has really knocked me down is 1792. Since then I have avoided the high nic powerhouses. I haven't really been effected by HOTW but it does keep me up at night if I smoke it close to bedtime.

Requiem
03-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I have very light breakfasts (sometimes just some coffee) so, if I have a pipe before lunch, filled with a medium strenght blend, sometimes I feel a little nic-punch, even being a hard cigarette smoker for about 15 years.

DrDubzz
03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
depends on the tobacco. I can smoke some all day, and others have made me sick by half way through the bowl. same with cigars

Nabinger16
03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
I've gotten a serious buzz off G&H Brown Twist once or twice.

GreekGodX
03-11-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't seem to get a nicotine buzz from anything unless it's a gawith rope and even that is very slight. The only tobacco I get a buzz off of is if I dip some copenhagen. People talk about a buzz from HOTW or FVF and I just can't see it, what is your experience with getting that buzz from pipe tobacco. Are you a wimp or superman?

I had the gawith rope and my ass was kicked after! That is definitely the only pipe tobacco that I've had any buzz from.

Sr Mike
03-11-2009, 09:41 PM
The Gawith rope is starting to gain my interest, I want to try it. I have not buzzed off of pipe tobacco, a Litto Gomez cigar messed me up once.

Hardcz
03-12-2009, 05:32 AM
None from the limited experience that I have had w/ pipe tobacco.
:tpd: