PDA

View Full Version : Nice surprise for me

drhalle
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I was at a tasting last weekend, I won a door prize of a stainless silver flask and cigar tubes. One of the other brothers there won tickets to the symphony here in town. He asked if I would trade my winning for his. I agreed because my wife loves the symphony and she puts up with my cigar hobby.
He gave me a couple of cigars from a bundle he had in his humi saying he felt I gave him more than he gave me. It turned out to be a good cigar that I enjoyed. I asked him what it was and he said a Tampa Sweetheart. I had smoked them years ago, but I forgot how good they were. No, it's not an 8 dollar cigar and doesn't claim to be. For a bundle cigar, it was a pleasant surprise.
Any other bundle cigars that can be recommended? I know La Unica Cigarsare also a Funete bundle and are good.

Smokin Gator
03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Any other bundle cigars that can be recommended? I know La Unica Cigarsare also a Funete bundle and are good.

Those Tampa Sweethearts really are a very good bundle cigar. For the price they are really hard to beat. They are rolled by the Fuente apprentice rollers so some don't look so great, but dang they smoke well.

dunng
03-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Along those same lines are the Flor De Ybor City and Flor de Oliva... :ss

karmaz00
03-04-2009, 04:26 PM
very nice enjoy

taltos
03-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I would also suggest the GR Specials. These are made by the same folks who make the Gran Habanos line of cigars.