PDA

View Full Version : Feel your cigar up lately?

CigarmanTim
03-03-2009, 05:49 PM
Just curious...I keep my cigars between 65 - 69 Rh. When I gently squeeze my cigars there is a little crackling sound. You would think it too dry but they do not smoke dry. I have all digital hygrometers that have had the salt test. How do your cigars sound when you squeeze them? Goofy question I know.

icantbejon
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Perhaps don't squeeze so hard? :D

Just kidding, mine also crack a little bit and I always keep mine at 65-70. No serious cracks or anything, just a crackling sound mostly. If it is a problem for you, I suppose it's a problem for me too. So far, mine have smoked fine so I've come to the conclusion that it's not a huge deal. Perhaps one of our super smart brothers can help us both out.

Cigary
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Normal and I keep mine at 68%. You know you have problems if you squeeze and the wrapper splits.

ucla695
03-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that's normal. I keep mine between 62-65% and they do the same thing. They smoke well too.

neoflex
03-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Same as all of the above. I think the crackling sound comes from the filler pushing against itself.

SmokeyJoe
03-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Same as all of the above. I think the crackling sound comes from the filler pushing against itself.

If the wrapper doesn't split, this sounds the most likely reason. :ss

Sauer Grapes
03-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Mine sound like that as well. It doesn't bother me much as I'd rather have cigars that smoke well but you can't squeeze than cigars I can squeeze but don't smoke well.

Chompers
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM
I can't remember where I saw a video, but this guy doesn't use a hygrometer and he can tell his cigar is at a good RH because it cracks a little bit when he squeezes it.

So it's a good thing.
If it doesn't crack it's probly too wet and if it slits then it's too dry.