PDA

View Full Version : New to Pipes

Dgar
10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
I just deleted a nice long post.... and now I get to start over, hate it when that happens.

I Just picked up my pipe again, a couple years ago I tried the pipe, I had about five briars a few decent pipes.... but I never quite "got it" with the pipes, not sure why, I think my cigars were getting most of my attention at the time. After a few months I put them down, and only kept one briar basket pipe...

Fast forward a couple years, and I've put down the cigarettes 3 weeks ago, and decided I'd give the pipe another try, in an effort to help with the ciagrettes... so I dusted off my basket briar, picked up a cob and a few ounces of different tobaccos from the local tinderbox, i think there all light aromatics.

So far so good... I've enjoyed the pipe and no tounge bite.

Any recommendations on a good tinned tobacco, thats sweet, I like sweet, I dont want tobacco that taste like a cigar, or I'd smoke a cigar... hoping to find something different.

any Tips on pipes to add to my collection of 2... more cobs, a better briar, or what about a Meer I hear they require no break in or cake build up...

Anyway, lots of questions, I'll keep reading, and thanks for any adivce you can offer.

Dgar

DrDubzz
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm a noob to pipes as well, but the MacBaren's Vanilla Cream Flake is sweet, but not overpoweringly so

I'll give more suggestions as I try more tobaccos