PDA

View Full Version : Variance In Taste from the same box

Stonewall
02-27-2009, 11:32 PM
I was wondering if any of you have had this happen, I am sure since I have only been smoking regular for about a year or a little less now. 5 Vegas A series is what I call my everyday stick I enjoy them alot and for the price I can't beat it. So anyway I have had about 5 sticks out of this box and all have been great in taste and burn. I smoked one earlier today and it was great, then I smoked one after dinner and man it was bad, poor draw, bitter, just all around bad I had to put it out at half way. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks
Josh

icehog3
02-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Cigars definitely vary within a box, I have experienced that greatly with boxes of '70s Partagas 898 NVs to determine that, amongst many others.

What you had for dinner can also affect how a cigar will taste.

Sauer Grapes
02-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Cigars definitely vary within a box, I have experienced that greatly withboxes of '70s Partagas 898 NVs to determine that, amongst many others.

What you had for dinner can also affect how a cigar will taste.

:tpd:

Also, mood, sickness, drink, etc.

Stonewall
02-28-2009, 12:36 AM
:tpd:

Also, mood, sickness, drink, etc.

Yes I did not think about that I did have a Heavy dinner Mexican (enchiladas) and they were damn good but now I think about it they are spicy and it could have affected they way I was tasting things, as for a drink I was just drinking a coke so I doubt that was it. I think I might have one mid day tomorrow and then eat the leftovers from tonight and see if I get the same reaction to the taste buds thanks for the replies..
Josh

Legend
02-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Also 5 Vegas isn't exactly a premium brand. I like them but your not dealing with Fuente, davidoff, padron, etc. Consistancy comes at a price.