PDA

View Full Version : Fuente boxes

chenvt
02-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Anyone else have them warp like nobody's business? Any way to stop this? I just got a box of WOAM and it's already warping, and it's in the plastic!

zmancbr
02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think I have had any problems with mine warping and I think I have about 15 fuente boxes in the humi...

maybe the plastic is keeping too much moisture in there?

Tio Gato
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
No Fuente's, but I've had some boxes warp when they were either over-humidified or under-humidified. Once I got a box of Remedios from JR that came with a note that the cedar box was too fresh and that I should take the cigars out and let the box dry. There were chunks of sap oozing out onto the cigars. It was really strange.
Maybe you should go to the CigarFamily website and let them know what is happening. They may send you some goodies to compensate you.
When I was a little kid my Grandmother bought me a box of Bazooka bubble gum that was supposed to contain a surprise toy. It wasn't in there so she sent them a letter. They sent her a whole case of gum!
I hope you get some goodies too!

chenvt
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
hrmm weird.. the plastic doesn't have it air tight.. but the lid warps on the WOAM box and 2 best seller boxes I have.. I took the best sellers out a long time ago to make more room

ucla695
02-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I haven't experienced this, but I've heard that it can happen with some of their irregular shaped boxes. There are threads over on CF about this.

Stick
02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Anyone else have them warp like nobody's business? Any way to stop this? I just got a box of WOAM and it's already warping, and it's in the plastic!

Yes, with WOAM boxes as well.

Nimbus
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
I have not seen any warping from my Fuente boxes. Perhaps the wood was just cut and needs to settle?

Volusianator
02-26-2009, 08:28 PM

Really! I have no problems with my Fuente boxes until I take them out of the humidor, then they curl up like potato chips.

totallytentative
02-26-2009, 11:18 PM
I have a box for Fuente Chateaus that was really warped when it was sitting out. Once humidified it's better, but still warped about 1/2".

It's probably nothing like a WOAM box though, this one is large and flat to hold the cigars 1 layer thick in 2 rows.