PDA

View Full Version : Fuente Cuban Belicoso

Volusianator
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Has anybody else found the current release to be outstanding? I think this is the best batch to come out for quite a while. Of course admittingly I think Fuente makes the best sun grown on the planet, IMHO.

croatan
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
This is about the only Fuente cigar I'll grab if I'm at a B&M, want a smoke, and don't have anything of my own (used to be I'd get a Short Story, but I think they've gone downhill in the last three or four years). I don't know if I've had the current release, though. Probably haven't smoked one in five or six months.

Pretty tasty cigars, just a little on the boring side. Not something I'd smoke if I wanted to think about the cigar too much. But still, a good cigar. If the newer ones are better, may have to give one a try.

darb85
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
these are pretty good. I should try to find some more, add that to the list! :D

awsmith4
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
I LOVE the Fuente SG line and have yet to have the latest release, mainly cause I still have some from last year, but now I'm gonna have to go get some. So while I say "Thank You", my wallet says :tg

However I'm not sold that its the best SG because the Cabaiguan Guapos keep me pretty darn satisfied.

ActionAndy
02-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I like these but the batch I have is probably from a few years back. There aren't many sungrowns that I like, i was surprised to learn that this line is in fact a sungrown.

BlackIrish
02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Has anybody else found the current release to be outstanding? I think this is the best batch to come out for quite a while. Of course admittingly I think Fuente makes the best sun grown on the planet, IMHO.

One of my favorite go-to cigars. I don't think mine are from the current release, though, and I don't have a long enough history with them to compare to prior years. I do know that I like 'em. :tu

ucla695
02-26-2009, 03:06 PM
I haven’t tried one in years, but I am a fan of Fuente SGs. I’ll have to give it a try the next time I’m at the B&M

Tio Gato
02-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I haven't had any lately. I've got a few left that have been aging for about 6 years.
The Fuente sungrown that I really love is the King-B. Get yourself some, you won't be sorry. As we say in Mass. "it's wicked good".:ss

Volusianator
02-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I haven't had any lately. I've got a few left that have been aging for about 6 years.
The Fuente sungrown that I really love is the King-B. Get yourself some, you won't be sorry. As we say in Mass. "it's wicked good".:ss

I've got two boxes of King B's, one OR and the other from somewhere around 2005 or so.

MithShrike
02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I grabbed one the other day at the B&M and it was absolutely horrible. Then again I've only had two good Fuentes and they both cost a ridiculous amount of money.

awsmith4
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM

I've got two boxes of King B's, one OR and the other from somewhere around 2005 or so.

I have had a good bit of construction and consistency issues with the King B, my take is the Cuban Belicoso is far superior and cheaper

SixPackSunday
02-26-2009, 05:50 PM
i got one of these recently in a mixed sampler and didnt really think anything of it. just grabbed one from the humidor blind the other day and it turned out to be this guy. i was blown away! immediately wished I had more and lo and behold, another showed up the next day from a PIF! SCORE

sadly i smoked that one a couple nights ago.

that said, i think the OP has offered to hook me up with a couple just to share the love. what a great guy.

jcruse64
02-26-2009, 06:05 PM
My B&M got some in a little while back, and turned me onto them. I agree, they are pretty good. If he had a box left, I'd buy it.

shvictor
02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
I'll have to give these a try...

Volusianator
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM
I grabbed one the other day at the B&M and it was absolutely horrible. Then again I've only had two good Fuentes and they both cost a ridiculous amount of money.

You are absolutely correct sir, and so am I. That's what I love about these things, everyone has their own tastes, likes and dislikes. And we're all right, smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

Volusianator
02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I have had a good bit of construction and consistency issues with the King B, my take is the Cuban Belicoso is far superior and cheaper

I TOTALLY agree, the King B has NEVER been a good cigar, or a well constructed cigar. They've always had burn issues. I keep hanging on to the OR box to see if one will get better and no luck.

ucla695
02-27-2009, 06:45 AM
I TOTALLY agree, the King B has NEVER been a good cigar, or a well constructed cigar. They've always had burn issues. I keep hanging on to the OR box to see if one will get better and no luck.

Yeah, I haven't heard many good things about the King B's. I bought a bunch right after the initial release and wasn't impressed with them. IMO, it's a rare miss for the Fuentes.