PDA

View Full Version : Going to London...

Mugen910
02-26-2009, 07:17 AM
So April is a big month for the GF...we're running the Boston as bandits and she's got a big B-day...I promised we'd do something special and so now I'm delivering..We're going to London for just a few days at the end of April...Can anyone give ideas or tips on where to stay, where to eat, where to visit?

It's a really short 4 day trip but it's better than nothing.

Thanks,
Bao

Scottw
02-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Enjoy the trip buddy!!

Don Fernando
02-26-2009, 07:24 AM
if you want a cheap hotel, I stayed in the Curzon House Hotel last year for a long weekend. 5 minute walk from a Tube station.

get a visitor card for the Tube, those things are awesome and safe you a lot of trouble getting tickets for the underground..

And you should have come to Amsterdam instead!

md4958
02-26-2009, 07:25 AM
you dont tell me anything anymore!!! :fl

taltos
02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
you dont tell me anything anymore!!! :fl

I bet that he tld the Caligirls.:fl

Don Fernando
02-26-2009, 07:54 AM
and he told me he would come to Amsterdam :fl

G G
02-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Wao Bao. Hope you have fun buddy.:tu

Mugen910
02-26-2009, 08:10 AM
and he told me he would come to Amsterdam :fl

Amsterdam was another $100 per person to fly...so :fu what if we take a train and meetcha half way? :D

shvictor
02-26-2009, 08:46 AM
I bet that he tld the Caligirls.:fl

Oh yeah we knew all about this trip..:D:D

King James
02-26-2009, 08:51 AM
sweet! :tu make sure to take a bunch of pics

Mugen910
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
How about some travel tips people?! :c

rizzle
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Watch out for the bridge. It's been falling down for years.

Cigargal
02-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Not only did he tell all us Cali folks about it..... he's taking us with him!!!!

don't know if the gf knows or not.

And that bridge is down and now in Arizona-go figure.

Don Fernando
02-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Amsterdam was another $100 per person to fly...so :fu what if we take a train and meetcha half way? :D

There is a sea between London and Amsterdam. You can take the train, I'll take a boat :r

Mugen910
02-26-2009, 02:27 PM
There is a sea between London and Amsterdam. You can take the train, I'll take a boat :r

HEHE I figured you would catch that.

taltos
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
There is a sea between London and Amsterdam. You can take the train, I'll take a boat :rWhy can't he take the Chunnel?

Don Fernando
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
the Chunnel goes to France, not to Amsterdam.

taltos
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
the Chunnel goes to France, not to Amsterdam.True but then he can go overland to Amsterdam.:ss

Smokin Gator
02-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I haven't been there so not much to offer other than "enjoy the trip!!"

Mugen910
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
amazing how there was barely any tips on a 4 day weekend excursion to London...:r

Texan in Mexico
02-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Awesome Bao - have a good time!

I have never been but I will go ahead and add:

Travel Tip No 1 - check out some exchange rates on the internet and your local banks. With the flux in economies nowadays there may be a benefit to buying pounds at home vs the airport or arriving there.

Take some photos and safe travels!

Partagaspete
03-01-2009, 01:02 AM
What weekend? If it is the last weekend I will be in Amsterdam with Ferdinand and those guys. We will be wearing bright orange, drinking, and smoking so come over and find us:r. If it is before the May 1st weekend I may be able to come down and we can have a smoke at the LCdH in London and have some lunch at Meza's.

T

Don Fernando
03-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Bao,

London Dungeon or the Tower Bridge experience are nice museums. And take 'the big bus' tour, you'll see all of London in a double deck bus, with nice weather you can sit on the open top deck.

Mugen910
03-01-2009, 11:16 PM
What weekend? If it is the last weekend I will be in Amsterdam with Ferdinand and those guys. We will be wearing bright orange, drinking, and smoking so come over and find us:r. If it is before the May 1st weekend I may be able to come down and we can have a smoke at the LCdH in London and have some lunch at Meza's.

T

April 24-28 I wish I could stay longer but I have to use my vacation time wisely..

Bao,

London Dungeon or the Tower Bridge experience are nice museums. And take 'the big bus' tour, you'll see all of London in a double deck bus, with nice weather you can sit on the open top deck.

thanks Ferdinand...I'll add it to the list for the GF...we're prob going to pull 96 hours of tourist stuff and little sleep...

Genetic Defect
03-01-2009, 11:21 PM

$200 saved :wo

Mugen910
03-01-2009, 11:23 PM
$200 saved :wo

yeah :wo now we get to spend it on more tourist stuff!

Genetic Defect
03-01-2009, 11:33 PM
yeah :wo now we get to spend it on more tourist stuff!

I was thinking cigars:tu

rrplasencia
03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale was a very nice hotel and on the cheaper side. hotel is a 3-4 minute walk from the tube, hell everything is near a tube station. i would do oxford, there's a pretty nice cigar shop on the main street. if you're a harry potter fan you'll recognize half the movie which was filled at oxford. you can also rent these little row boats and go down a somewhat romantic, not sure what to call it smaller then a reiver bigger then a stream.

do Windsor Castle, Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace(they all carry ar-15's), Trafalgar Square, see one church they're all the same and there's 20 per block. Tower of London. Tour of the London Bridge at night (need to reserve). HMS belfast (battleship).

remember not all hotels have ac, even ones you think would. don't bother with breakfast just do your stomach a favor. pubs for food. trafalgar square has plenty to eat but very touristy. if you need more info shot me a pm and i'll have my wife reply with 20 pages of crap your gf will love. (you may not)

Genetic Defect
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale was a very nice hotel and on the cheaper side. hotel is a 3-4 minute walk from the tube, hell everything is near a tube station. i would do oxford, there's a pretty nice cigar shop on the main street. if you're a harry potter fan you'll recognize half the movie which was filled at oxford. you can also rent these little row boats and go down a somewhat romantic, not sure what to call it smaller then a reiver bigger then a stream.

do Windsor Castle, Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace(they all carry ar-15's), Trafalgar Square, see one church they're all the same and there's 20 per block. Tower of London. Tour of the London Bridge at night (need to reserve). HMS belfast (battleship).

remember not all hotels have ac, even ones you think would. don't bother with breakfast just do your stomach a favor. pubs for food. trafalgar square has plenty to eat but very touristy. if you need more info shot me a pm and i'll have my wife reply with 20 pages of crap your gf will love. (you may not)
canal?

Mugen910
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
not with 300% tax on them Perry..

Thanks Rich!

Genetic Defect
03-02-2009, 12:05 AM
not with 300% tax on them Perry..

Thanks Rich!

online ;)

adampc22
03-02-2009, 12:10 AM

thay carry sa80s mate the L98 a2 version lol

Don Fernando
03-02-2009, 12:43 AM

if he buys cigars in London, he can really use the extra $200, as cigars are much more expensive in the UK as in The Netherlands.

adampc22
03-02-2009, 01:21 AM
yeh 200buxs will get him about 4 cigars lol