PDA

View Full Version : Slumdog Millionaire........

BORIStheBLADE
02-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I saw this movie and thought it was good, but not THAT good. To me this movie is getting way too much praise.

Anyone else seen it? whatcha think?

Emjaysmash
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Still havent seen it, but after all this hype, I think I have to.

dunng
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I liked it a lot... it was just a great way to tell a story. :ss

fxpose
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Excellent film making. I predicted this film will win and it did.

We watched it again right after watching the oscars last night.
Bet the bootleg copies of this film are now selling for double the usual price....like $8 now...

karmaz00
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
ill tell ya.....i saw it...good movie...3.5 cigars out of 5...:)

BORIStheBLADE
02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Ya film making was good.

ucla695
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I saw it and liked it, but I didn't think it was a movie deserving of Film of the Year. I think I have to watch it again and pay more attention to the film making aspect of it. :2

renton20
02-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Honestly I haven't seen the other movies nominated but I would have been very surprised if this didn't win. I think that a big part of it for me was that I saw the movie back in november when there was almost no mention of it anywhere. I walked in expecting nothing and what I saw was amazing. I can't think of more than one or two movies that have made me feel such a range of emotion. There were parts of the movie where I laughed, parts that make me want to beat the crap out of somebody, parts that made me very sad, and parts that made the me hopeful that the world can make sense. In short I bought into this movie. It's rare that I do buy into fims, most of the time there is something off that will throw me out of it. In this case I was transported into the slums of India, and completely removed from my surroundings. For me at least I don't know if I ever want to see the movie for a second time just because the first experience was so complete.

I hate to build this up so much because I really do think that a lot of good movies get ruined because of built up expectations, but for anyone that hasn't seen Slumdog Millionaire, go see it. It really is worth the $10

WildBlueSooner
02-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Deserved to win. This film was outstanding. It was refreshing, unique, and contained all the elements I believe for a fantastic film. The acting was great, and some of the scenes were just breathtaking. I would say though that the real star of this film is the setting...stunning.