PDA

View Full Version : Riding Giants

drob
02-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Saw this on HDNET the other night, then found a copy at Blockbuster for sale. A documentary produced and directed by Stacy Peralta (Dogtown and Z Boys fame), chronicling the history of "big-wave" surfing. Very informative, fabulous cinematography, and, according to the subjects of the film, 100% authentic depiction of the sport and those that made it what it is. It was the opening selection of the 2004 Sundance Film Festival. If you are a fan of surfing, or sports in general, I think you will very much enjoy this film.

Footbag
02-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Awesome docu-movie! I would love to see Jaws in person. Visited the area, but the wave wasn't breaking.

Great in HD!

bobarian
02-23-2009, 11:29 AM
This is a great movie and a must see for surfing fanatics. Stacy Peralta was a roommate of mine is college for a time. Never saw the guy as he was always on the road promoting his skateboard company Powell/Peralta.

AD720
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Great film. While not as much visual eye-candy as Step Into Liquid, I think this is a movie that is truer to the sport and shows a group of people that are absolutely undeniably the best in the world at what they do.