PDA

View Full Version : new BBMF set from fuente

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM
so i was browsing a website from the UK that happens to be the largest distributor of fuentes there. i spotted something on their website and contacted them last week. they only had 22 left

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/jaybarbour/TIR0090_3.jpg

i haven't ordered any and don't know if i will. they are 160gbp each which i don't know is too far fetched and only 55 were made. if you need more info and want to get one PM me and i'll get it to you. the website link can't be posted because it would infringe on the house rules (they are in the UK afterall).

anyone heard of them doing these special sets for any other US retailers?

Tuxguy
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
:bh Need a better job

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
it's hard to tell from the pic but there are two maduro and two natural's.

Hardcz
02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
very purdy

Wigwam_Motel
02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
what the webpage.

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 11:26 AM
what the webpage.

i can't post the link, it contains CC's

4) Cigar Asylum will not allow threads involving the sale or trade of Cuban cigars.

Due to ongoing abuse of this policy at other forums in the past, and the legal exposure to Cigar Asylum we have adopted this rule since we are a United States based forum. There will be no exceptions to this rule, and any multiple violations is grounds for loss of membership without warning.

Sauer Grapes
02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
It'll work out to about $60 each after shipping, maybe more.

Think they'll give a quantity discount? Anyone thinking group buy?

zmancbr
02-20-2009, 02:07 PM

That seems about right market price for these... but if you are patient you can grab them for $45ish a stick.

Looks like a cool little set that I want, but I have to pass. I already spent way too much on Fuente stuff over the christmas holidays.

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 02:16 PM

i asked and he said no discounts.

Only Fuentes
02-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Yeah , there was a guy from another forum who bought a bunch for members of that board (CP). I believe Moki actually got one and said they are the real deal. I think with tax and conversoins they were running in the $250 range. [edited by croatan]

Only Fuentes
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I actually have purchased some VSGs from their shop while on Vacation. They sell just as mny if not more Fuente stuff than CCs.

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
it's not a good idea to mention sources for CC's as i posted above.

Only Fuentes
02-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I just thought that since they sell a majority of nc's it would have been ok.:(

[edited by croatan] Man I wish holts would have gotten these.:ss

barbourjay
02-20-2009, 03:49 PM
I just thought that since they sell a majority of nc's it would have been ok.:(

[edited by croatan] Man I wish holts would have gotten these.:ss

i'm pretty sure any links will be removed and could get the original poster warned but no biggie, i just didn't want to risk it.

if holts had gotten them they would have been long gone. it just kinda proves that they have tons of this stuff just laying around waiting to be sold though.

croatan
02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
The rules are posted and not ambiguous. Please do not post about Cuban cigar vendors, even if they also sell non-Cuban cigars.

Sauer Grapes
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
If anybody is interested in splitting a set... PM me. I *might* be interested in two of them.

ucla695
02-21-2009, 04:48 PM
That's actually a decent price for the BBMFs. I think they might be more at Casa Fuente, but it has been a while. I was able to get some in a gift set a few years back. Anyway, seems like a decent opportunity for those who are interested to get their hands on some.

barbourjay
02-21-2009, 07:04 PM
If anybody is interested in splitting a set... PM me. I *might* be interested in two of them.

i'd probably be down for a split. the issue is figuring out conversion rates as different banks charge different amounts.

SixPackSunday
02-21-2009, 07:17 PM
not really if only one person is purchasing. then you just need to figure out who's bank has the best conversion rate, and everybody else pay them appropriately

Sauer Grapes
02-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Well... it wouldn't be hard to just wait for the charge to hit an account in USD and split it from there. That is if someone (whoever the buyer is) could front the money up front.

Also, I'm assuming if there were two in a split, they'd eat get one natural and one maduro.

If anyone wants two naturals, I'd be glad to split with that person. (yeah right, I know, but I had to ask).

It's 25 quid for shipping one set, 29.50 for 2 and 35 for three. Shipping is definitely saved by buying more than one.

I know my bank will charge me the exact conversion rate plus 3% of the total charge.

Nimbus
02-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Thank goodness I stopped buying cigars or I would jump on this GB. :(

Sauer Grapes
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, there isn't one yet. I'm not even 100% committed yet either.

Waynegro1
02-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pretty sure you can count me in. Let me do a little research. Thanks again barbourjay.

ucla695
02-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Wigwam...you might want to edit your post to remove the vendors name.

Sauer Grapes
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
So... I got an email for an attempted order since I was checking on postage. I guess they saw I stopped at the payment info page.

Anyway, I may be placing an order as he said postage is free in February. The almost $40 in postage was a definite deal killer for me. Now they aren't cheap, but a little less so. I'll be deciding this week. He said they had plenty.

Conch Republican
02-24-2009, 12:53 PM

Oh MOMMY!!!!!!