PDA

View Full Version : Getting others hooked

Tredegar
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I have been trying to find something that the cigarette smokers at work might like to smoke for a cigar. I think I found something that is working. Now, mind you these are cigarillos, but are about the size of a cigarette. They are Don Lino Habanitos. I recently snagged a tin of 50 from the devil site and decided to take them to work and see if anyone would like them. Mind you I have never tried them either so it was an experiment of a largish scale. I think I handed out about 20-30 of them. Just about everyone who tried one liked them. One guy asked me to order him one. Well I bid on two on the devil site and got them both. Now a couple of other guys want the second tin. :D So far so good.....

Jbailey
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Give them time to get use to the cigarillos and hand them something a tad bigger (Small Panetela or a PC) and see what they think. Might have a new smoking buddy.

michael88n
02-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I saw that on an ABC After School Special way back in the 80s.

Peer pressure! It'll make you feeeel gooood!

Seriously, I might do that at my work... So crazy - It just might work...

Cheers,
Michael

Jimbo14
02-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Good story.

Im always trying to get my mates hooked as I dont know any other regular cigar smokers (eg with a humidor). So far I have three mates that really love it. But none of them have purchased a humidor yet...

RottenZombie
02-19-2009, 04:18 AM
I have shoved several people over the slope.:D:D:D

TripleF
02-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Nice work bro.....introducing others to the fine art of cigar smoking. :tu

-

ucla695
02-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Great idea. Hopefully they'll become regulars.

Good story.

Im always trying to get my mates hooked as I dont know any other regular cigar smokers (eg with a humidor). So far I have three mates that really love it. But none of them have purchased a humidor yet...

I'm in the same boat James. I have some buddies who will smoke a cigar if I hand them one, but few have humis.

borndead1
02-19-2009, 08:41 AM
ACIDs.

I used to smoke the Krush tin cigarillos at work and people would actually go out of their way to tell me they smelled good.

Kreth
02-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Have them sign up here. They'll be halfway down the slope and picking up speed before they know what hit them. :r

DocLogic77
02-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Yup...foot in the door principle. Start small...work your way up. Does it ever feel like we are drugs pushers? :D

Good_Stogies_Mon
02-19-2009, 11:34 PM
I have been trying to find something that the cigarette smokers at work might like to smoke for a cigar. I think I found something that is working. Now, mind you these are cigarillos, but are about the size of a cigarette. They are Don Lino Habanitos. I recently snagged a tin of 50 from the devil site and decided to take them to work and see if anyone would like them. Mind you I have never tried them either so it was an experiment of a largish scale. I think I handed out about 20-30 of them. Just about everyone who tried one liked them. One guy asked me to order him one. Well I bid on two on the devil site and got them both. Now a couple of other guys want the second tin. :D So far so good.....

Congratulations on becoming a cigar pimp. :D This is difinetly a hobby we need to get more people involved in and educated about. :tu

spectrrr
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Yup...foot in the door principle. Start small...work your way up. Does it ever feel like we are drugs pushers? :D

:r :r :r

Just trying to help people better their lives ;)

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-20-2009, 10:13 AM
:r :r :r

Just trying to help people better their lives ;)

Thats what i always say:tu