PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Patel Connecticut Toro

michael88n
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I got these smokes about a week ago and haven’t gotten around to lighting one up yet. After work I grabbed one out of the work ‘dor and headed out to fire it up. I don’t really favor milder cigars, but my friend Kevin talked it up, so I had to try it.

I took the gar out of the cello. For those of you that care, I keep my cigars in the cello, but I do cut the folded over part off when I put them in the humidor. Anyway, the cigar was the beautiful tan color that you expect from a Connecticut wrapper. There were no veins and it was a nice and firm. It was a toro; and felt a little heavy in the hand.

It smelled great. Barnyard with fresh hay… Teensie bit of spice in there also. Then the clip and the pre-light draw… The draw felt good. Not tight at all. I lit the foot and followed the directions the way ChasDen wrote about a few days ago. I’m pretty sure his way worked right. The first few draws were so smooth and mellow. No bitterness whatsoever. The first few puffs were a little underwhelming, but that was almost expected. I’m used to a stronger stogie. But it was still good. Not as much smoke as I would have liked, but there was a slight breeze. Maybe the breeze was blowing it all away.

I was really getting into it though. It was a very relaxing smoke with a slight tobacco flavor. Towards the end of the first third more flavor started to present itself. A touch of spice was there. Kind of like when you’re eating something and you can kind of, almost taste a spice in the food but you can’t quite put your finger on it. Like the spice was teasing my mouth.
The second third brought forth a woodsy flavor – like a camp fire burning off somewhere else in the woods. I was getting into it when a couple of buddies came by for a little while. I don’t remember much about the middle third because we were all talking and laughing. Isn’t that what this is all about? Sharing good times and relaxing? I’ll smoke another one on another day and analyze the middle third. I did notice that it had a great draw and a perfect burn. It also had good, solid ash. Deep grey - and it held on for a good two inches. And it didn’t fall on my shirt, so that made me happy.

But after my friends walked off, the final third really stood out. A little spice, a little earth/wood, and lot of thick, creamy smoke. It didn’t hit you in the face and drag you around by your hair with the flavor. It was a great, relaxing experience.

It is a one and a half hour smoke, so don’t rush it. Block time out of your schedule so that you can take your time and enjoy every minute. I’m no expert on milds; but this has got to be what they are supposed to be like, and this cigar is definitely going into my rotation.

Cheers,
Michael

And that is my third review.

borndead1
02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I like the RP Connecticut. Tasty mild smoke.

michael88n
02-19-2009, 11:08 AM
borndead,
For someone who likes the RP Connecticut, what other mild smokes might you recommend?

Cheers,
Michael

borndead1
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
borndead,
For someone who likes the RP Connecticut, what other mild smokes might you recommend?

Cheers,
Michael

5 Vegas Gold
Chateau Real

:ss

EDIT: You are stationed at Bagram? PM me your addy. :D

Starscream
02-19-2009, 12:08 PM
borndead,

Cheers,
Michael

RP Edge Lite
This used to be my favorite smoke before I became a fan of strong sticks.

rizzle
02-20-2009, 08:21 AM
borndead,

Cheers,
Michael

Perdomo Champagne. It will be well worth your while. The most flavorful mild I know. And If you buy some and don't like them, I'll buy the rest from you. How's that?

michael88n
02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Perdomo Champagne. It will be well worth your while. The most flavorful mild I know. And If you buy some and don't like them, I'll buy the rest from you. How's that?

Really? What a pal! Thanks for the recommendations.
I'll try to get some and post a review.

Cheers,
Michael

NCRadioMan
02-20-2009, 12:25 PM
borndead,

Cheers,
Michael

Casa Torano :tu

stinkie
02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
you might try la veija habana connticut shade very tasty and very resonable price.

paul95se
02-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Ashton Cabinet