PDA

View Full Version : Perdomo Reserve Champagne

rizzle
02-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Just a quick review here because I haven't seen this cigar talked about lately and always keep a few on hand for when I want a tasty mild smoke.

The Perdomo Champagne is a Nicaraguan blend wrapped in a Connecticut shade wrapper. I smoked the Epicure, which is a 6 x 54 toro size, and this being the old Champagne comes packaged inside a yellow cellophane.

Why, oh why, has it been as long as it has since I smoked one of these beauties? They are heavy to the feel and constructed wonderfully. Upon initial lighting you will get a quick blast and then this cigar immediately settles into a sweet and creamy, wonderful smoke. The draw is excellent, the ash holds as long as you want it to hold, the burn never needs touching up, and she stays cool all the way to the nub. About halfway in the cigar starts to pick up a little spice on the finish but never becomes overwhelming. Just the right amount of cinnamon to compliment the sweet cream.

One of the tastiest smokes I know of. Now I just need to try some of the smaller sizes. My understanding is that even though the name and labeling of this cigar has changed it is the same exact blend.

:tu

Coz77
02-16-2009, 01:14 PM
I just about love any Perdomo Ive tried. I have yet to smoke the Champagne though. I will defiantly be adding it to my buy list.

Can I ask how much age you had on this one Ritchie?

Volt
02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I have never had a bad burning or a bad draw Perdomo. Love the brand. The Champagne was Ok to me. Also from the reserve Cab series the SG and the Cameroon are excellent, which of course means they are discontinued if the rumors I heard are correct. Grab them while you can. The Perdomo Habano Corojo is outstanding. Love it! Very close to the Gran Habano #5 Corojo.

rizzle
02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I just about love any Perdomo Ive tried. I have yet to smoke the Champagne though. I will defiantly be adding it to my buy list.

Can I ask how much age you had on this one Ritchie?
Not sure exactly Mark, but I know under a year. Probably 6-8 months I'd say.
Try it, for a mild smoke it's just awesome.

Boobar
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I am a Perdomo convert and fan. Habano Maduro, Lot 23, Lot 23 Maduro, 10th Anniversary Maduro, I love them all. I am sad that they discontinued the La Tradicion Reserve series, I only got to try the maduro and that was several years ago.

Thanks for the review.