PDA

View Full Version : Plastic on Tins?

Hawk6815
02-15-2009, 01:09 PM
I've picked up a few Opus Tins that have plastic on them. Will it hurt if I keep them wrapped and in the humidor, or should I unwrap them?

Thanks,
Will

NCRadioMan
02-15-2009, 01:13 PM
Doesn't matter.

Stonewall
02-15-2009, 01:16 PM
If you are talking the outer plastic wrapper on the package I would take it off, for one reason to inspect the cigars if there is a problem with them its hard to take them back later. also they will get the Rh in the humidor when you don't have the outer wrapper on. If you are talking about the cello on the sticks them selfs that is just personal preference I store them as I get them. hope that helps.
Josh

lesliesrussell
02-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Stonewall is right, the Opus sampler tins that mostly went to retailers over the xmas holiday, came wrapped in a thick plastic (e.g. not the cello that is on the cigars inside) and should be removed. I also removed the cigars from the tin before placing them in the h-dor because it took up too much room and is only for marketing anyway. It was too flimsy to use after purchase for transporting the cigars. Some of the ones we stocked came to us bent all to heck.

groogs
02-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Doesn't matter.

:tpd: Unless you want to inspect them it doesn't matter.

Beer Doctor
02-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I removed my cigars from their tin entirely:2

ucla695
02-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Doesn't matter.

:tpd: Unless you want to inspect them it doesn't matter.

I picked up an Opus Robusto tin last fall and just put it into the humi as it came.

Hawk6815
02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Main reason I ask is because I often gift sticks. I thought it would be nice to be able to give out a wrapped tin if I can keep them humid.

Thanks to all,

Will

barbourjay
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Main reason I ask is because I often gift sticks. I thought it would be nice to be able to give out a wrapped tin if I can keep them humid.

Thanks to all,

Will

the plastic is not air tight. humidity will reach the cigars either way.