PDA

View Full Version : graycliff 1666

Legend
02-14-2009, 12:01 PM
The 1666. Not exactly the flagship of graycliff.

Graycliff is typically very good and very expensive. This guy is neither. Not that it is not a good cigar. Its toasty and med to full in strength. Well constructed and slightly rough through the nose. And completely unremarkable. I think I've had this same cigar made by about 10 other makers. In reading what I've put so far it sounds like I don't like this stick. I do. I think I just expect more. I give it a 3.2 on the legend scale its a good smoke. But I think unremarkable says it best. Not bad just very common.

michael88n
02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Legend,
I know what you mean. While the 1666 is a good smoke, it didn't live up to the hype. But, if offered, I certainly wouldn't turn one down.

Cheers,
Michael

Also, I dig your rating system. I totally agree with, "When I hear of another 90+ rating from CA I no longer take notice." I also think the system is de-valued.

Legend
02-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Legend,
I know what you mean. While the 1666 is a good smoke, it didn't live up to the hype. But, if offered, I certainly wouldn't turn one down.

Cheers,
Michael

Also, I dig your rating system. I totally agree with, "When I hear of another 90+ rating from CA I no longer take notice." I also think the system is de-valued.

Thanks for the props.

Boobar
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I had higher hopes for these. I bought a 5-pack from CI through their 5-pack madness sale and I haven't had a chance to try one yet. Reguardless I am still eager to blaze one up.

Thanks for the review.