PDA

View Full Version : Dollhouse

PeteSB75
02-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Being a Joss fan in general, I had to check this out. Not sure that Eliza Dushku will have the range the show looks like it will require, but definitely a good start. Interesting ideas and issues that can be addressed within an almost limitless concept.

DMK
02-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I agree, an interesting storyline. Hope they don't kill it before it has a chance to develop.

PeteSB75
02-20-2009, 09:05 AM
On again tonight. First ep was quite good I think. Lots of storylines sitting out there, waiting for them to explore.

TheJ
02-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I found it entertaining. Another "girl power" show. Should last as long as Dark Angel did.

Fox has a problem with introducing a show, airing 3 or 4 episodes, announcing it will return 4 weeks later after blah blah blah playoffs, shows another 2 episodes, says it will cancel said show because no one is watching anymore. A lot of great series have ended prematurely.

PeteSB75
02-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Dark Angel was definitely an odd show. So disturbing to me still that the guy drove a Pontiac Aztec. What a hideous car.

Kreth
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Fox has a problem with introducing a show, airing 3 or 4 episodes, announcing it will return 4 weeks later after blah blah blah playoffs, shows another 2 episodes, says it will cancel said show because no one is watching anymore. A lot of great series have ended prematurely.
Kind of like Sci-Fi. They've killed both Stargate series and Farscape, and their original crap isn't worth watching.
I'll probably check out Dollhouse tonight. Eliza Dushku is pretty easy on the eyes.

jquirit
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Liked tonight's episode, though shoveling all this Alpha stuff did annoy me.

BTW.. did anybody else catch the new Hulu commercial with her in it? Is it wrong to want (or be) a milkshake after that? :r

Genetic Defect
02-21-2009, 12:06 AM
I missed it :bh was playing pinball

rack04
02-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I thought the first episode sucked. However, the second episode was entertaining.

I laughed my ass off when she said "That thing with my tounge could use a little extra work." Yes it could. :r

PeteSB75
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Two weeks, two ok episodes, neither great. Starting to see some more development from the characters who keep their memory, but still not enough to bring us close to where firefly was at this point, or even buffy. From some interviews I've read, Joss stated that his favorite so far is the 6th ep, just seemed to flow. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Nabinger16
03-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm digging the whole series so far. I guess I'm pretty easily entertained, not to mention Eliza is hot as hell!

PeteSB75
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm digging the whole series so far. I guess I'm pretty easily entertained, not to mention Eliza is hot as hell!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching. After his past work, Joss gets a pretty large amount of leeway to develop a concept. But I'm not staying home on Friday nights just to see it. I'm just catching it off the DVR. The overarching themes and slowly developing seasonal arc are definitely interesting. It's the mission of the week that's just not really doing it for me so far.

Nabinger16
03-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I'm just catching on Fox.com so far. The week by week plot is entertaining, but doesn't seem to be going anywhere. The Alpha plot seems to be unveiling pretty slow. I'm enjoying the show, but I'm wondering where it's going and what it's going to develop into.

PeteSB75
03-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Think the hype was right. Friday's ep was incredible. Amazing plot twists and great emotional range. GREAT fight scene. Catch it on Hulu or Fox.com if you didn't see/DVR it. Excellent starting place if you've not caught any episodes before now.

rack04
07-23-2009, 07:05 AM
For you Dollhouse fans:

Dollhouse: Season One Blu-ray (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024FAR6G) - Preorder release July 28th

Dollhouse: Season One DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Dollhouse-Season-One-Eliza-Dushku/dp/B0024FAR66/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248354297&sr=8-1) - Preorder release July 28th

PeteSB75
07-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Blu-ray is already on order for me. Actually, now I'm a bit pissed. They had it on amazon.ca for about $27 CAD last week, vs. $47 USD, so I placed my pre-order. They now seem to have lost it. They will be hearing from me....

PeteSB75
09-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Season two starts up Friday. I'll be DVRing and watching over the weekend. Herf and baseball trump.