PDA

View Full Version : Cabaiguan Guapo RX

Green Lantern
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Fired up a Cabaiguan Guapo RX for Lunch today and thought I would review it as well. This is my first review here and many more to come.

The Stats Line
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Size: 5 1/4 x 50
Body: Medium
Country of Origin: Nicaragua, Tabacalera Cubana S.A.

The Cigar
Background Noise: Another joint cigar project by Pete Johnson and Pepin Garcia. Originally the Cabaiguan cigars came with an Connecticut Seed Ecuadorian wrapper and the Guapo was derived from using a stronger Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper.

Prelight: The wrapper is smooth and silky to the touch. No bulging veins on the cigar. The cigar also has an oily sheen to it. The cap is a beautiful triple cap with a small pigtail. The wrapper is oily on the lips and the clean draw is sweet with cedary notes.

The Burn: Straight as a razor, but don't count on the ash holding onto to the cigar for long, the first ash fell off after half an inch. The ash is a gray with darker grey lines. From start to finish, the burn was perfect

The Flavor: The cigar is very smooth in flavor with a slight bite to it. The cigar produces lots of smoke full of meaty, chewy and leathery flavors that makes your mouth water. :dr The finish is long with flavors of coffee and roasted nuts. The roll has a bite to it and full of cedar and leather notes with a slight black pepper finish.

The Bottom Line
The Cabaiguan Guapo delivers a lot of flavor and a very enjoyable smoke. I would highly recommend this cigar that like medium bodied cigars with a lot of flavor.

ucla695
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the review. I’ve haven’t tried this one, but I’ve enjoyed the other Cabaiguans that I’ve smoked. It sounds like something I would like. I’ll pick one up the next time I see one.

Smokin Gator
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the review. I have not tried that one but really like the corona extra.

kfish
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
:tpd:Thanks for the review. I have not tried that one but really like the corona extra.

gvarsity
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM
These are soooo yummy. Big thumbs up here.

alfbacca
02-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Bought 4 of these about 2 weeks ago on a whim because my B&M ran out of Guapo 46's. I love the Guapo 46's so I'm looking forward to these.

MarkinAZ
02-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the great first review and photos Alex:ss

TomHagen
02-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Great review!

I really love this cigar the Guapos line is really phenomenal. Real Habanos flavors (like an Edmundo?). The Rx is really complex and is a dynamic stick. Oily wrapper, leathery flavors, charred nuts, and that floral/tangy taste after the pepper flavor. The wrapper is sungrown, and blows away the regualar Cabaiguan line, IMHO. Pepin got roots on this blend!