PDA

View Full Version : Need humi/woodworking help

Volt
02-12-2009, 07:44 AM
So, the RH wasn't holding as well in my larger Savoy humi. After inspection I noticed the ceder wall pulling away from the outer box casing. It is the front lip towards you as the lid would come down in the closed position.

I was thinking a hyperdermic needle filled with the Elmer's wood glue to get into the tiny gap. Use a wood clamp to hold it. Good idea or bad. Also, I need storage for a few 100 cigars while this repair is going on, any volunteers to baby sit? :D

kgoings
02-12-2009, 07:49 AM
So, the RH wasn't holding as well in my larger Savoy humi. After inspection I noticed the ceder wall pulling away from the outer box casing. It is the front lip towards you as the lid would come down in the closed position.

I was thinking a hyperdermic needle filled with the Elmer's wood glue to get into the tiny gap. Use a wood clamp to hold it. Good idea or bad. Also, I need storage for a few 100 cigars while this repair is going on, any volunteers to baby sit? :D

That sounds fine, Wood glue doesnt have much of a smell so it wont effect the cigars. Be sure not to clamp it down too hard, just enough to make good contact and hold it, you dont want to dent the wood and ruin your seal.

Go ahead and send me those sticks...I will keep them safe... ;)

pmp
02-12-2009, 12:14 PM
wood glue is optimum for humidor repair. In the interim just get a big ol tupperware.

ChasDen
02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
That sounds fine, Wood glue doesnt have much of a smell so it wont effect the cigars. Be sure not to clamp it down too hard, just enough to make good contact and hold it, you dont want to dent the wood and ruin your seal.

Go ahead and send me those sticks...I will keep them safe... ;)

Yep, just enough to hold them together.

Chas